Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anybody been in this situation?

Anybody been in this situation?

Old Jan 17th 2002, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Britavia is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Conditional PR as from Sept 2001. Sadly, our marriage did not survive and she was the one who left, although there really was no fault on either person. We went our separate ways in August 2001. It doesn't take a genius to see that we separated before the offical approval. The interview was held in Feb 2001 but because of a technicality, it took the INS 7 months to finally approve the AOS. What is the most likely INS response come filing of the I-751 in 18 months time? Obviously they will re-interview, that doesn't bother me as I have plenty of evidence to prove it was a genuine marriage at inception and to the point of separation. Could I get caught out on a technicality?

Old Jan 17th 2002, 2:50 pm
Shelley

You need to file the I-751 as soon as your divorce is final - not wait until for your
conditional Green Card to about to expire. See Doc Steen's site - the section called
divorce. http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm You may also want
an immigration attorney. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Britavia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shelley

That was helpful info on the site you mentioned. I do already have a lawyer who has been involved right from the start, but I wanted to see if anybody had first hand experience on this matter.