Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

b1/2 travelling whilst applying for h1b

b1/2 travelling whilst applying for h1b

Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:37 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
aquaowen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default



Hi there.Im applying for an h1b visa.Currently have a b1/2 in my passport.The h1b is taking ages - been about 4 months now - and i understand from texas ins that it will be another 2-4 weeks.My question is - can i travel to the states now and await the outcome of the h1b process inside the states? could this have any adverse effect on the application process?
could i just tell immigration officers, if asked, that im applying for an h1b work permit when entering? would i have to exit the states to get the h1b stamped in my passport at a later date at a foreign consulate? appreciate any advice.My wife would be travelling with me on a b1/2 awaiting her h4.

bregards/owen
aquaowen is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.