Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

any tennis players out there

any tennis players out there

Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

savannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Question any tennis players out there

Hi people I play tennis in a USTA league and just wondered if there are any other Expat players out there and wondered what there experiences were like compared to the UK.
I have found that the USTA has a way better structure than the LTA. The leagues and tournaments are geared at all levels in a much better way.

However I have found there is less humour on the court than in Britain. The players are serious! I only play at 4.0 level but joke cracking is a little thin on the ground. I get looked at when I start laughing because the ball bounces off me or something
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any tennis players out there

I don't play to any serious level...and out here, where I am...not many casual players or places to go play. Either you are serious and join a club and it costs a fortune or you don't.

Kids seem to play at school and that's about it.

Same for badminton, even fewer places to play that and membership to a club was tapping a grand, so sod that for a laugh
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

savannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any tennis players out there

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't play to any serious level...and out here, where I am...not many casual players or places to go play. Either you are serious and join a club and it costs a fortune or you don't.

Kids seem to play at school and that's about it.

Same for badminton, even fewer places to play that and membership to a club was tapping a grand, so sod that for a laugh
I do play for a team and it's on public courts. The league fees are fair. I was just commenting on how people here carry themselves on court. I just noticed a big difference from the UK & Spain.