Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

any helpful realtors out there?

any helpful realtors out there?

Old Jul 8th 2001, 11:01 am
bowave

yes, i'm sorry i have actually posted this query elsewhere on this site but got no response! reason i'm posting it here is that it is linked to the intitial enquirer in that i too am looking to purchase a condo in downtown toronto, but am having difficulty in obtaining the right mortgage loan, as I am a UK citizen; ie i'm looking for something like 15% to 20% downpayment but at present have only heard of one Bank who will do it, and they require 30% downpayment!!! Thats far too much for me, as 30% for me will be around C$60 000!!! Can anyone help at all, please?

Old Jul 8th 2001, 2:37 pm
JohnDoe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
wrong newsgroup, try one of the local toronto newsgroups

Old Jul 9th 2001, 11:39 pm
Me

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Try going to http://www.google.com or one of the online yellow page sites to search
for Toronto Realtors. I would guess that at least one has a web site.

Old Jul 10th 2001, 12:35 am
David Hatunen

[usenetquote2]>> yes, i'm sorry i have actually posted this query elsewhere on this site but got no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> response! reason i'm posting it here is that it is linked to the intitial enquirer[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> in that i too am looking to purchase a condo in downtown toronto, but am having[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> difficulty in obtaining the right mortgage loan, as I am a UK citizen; ie i'm[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> looking for something like 15% to 20% downpayment but at present have only heard[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> of one Bank who will do it, and they require 30% downpayment!!! Thats far too much[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> for me, as 30% for me will be around C$60 000!!! Can anyone help at all, please?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
But be aware that realtors are a subset of those licensed to sell real estate.
"Realtor" is a trademark-protected name for those real estate agents who have joined
the Realtors' organization.

Try http://www.google.com, and search for

"real estate" toronto

(quote marks as shown) and look down the list presented. Some real estate firms will
be happy to use email to serve you.

--
********** DAVE HATUNEN ([email protected]) ***********
* Tucson Arizona, out where the cacti grow * ******* My typos are
intentional copyright traps ******