Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Important Section 245(i) Information

Important Section 245(i) Information

Old Jul 10th 2001, 11:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For whatever reason, INS has been sending mucho application forms to our address. Among the refugee applications, the applications for advance parole, adjustment of status, work authorization, etc. was a four page notice from the INS regarding the Section 245(i).

The form was printed on 4/26/01 and called Form I-485 Supplement. On page two under the heading "When can the application be filed?" is the following:

The application period begins on June 1, 2001 and edns on May 31, 2002. All applications, whether filed in the United States or filed from abroad, must be postmarked on or before May 31, 2002, to be considered timely filed. Applications postmarked after May 31, 2001, will be denied.

Andy Platt had asked me where I had heard that the act had been extended and officially passed. I was unable to give him the exact location of the article but am happy that someone has asked INS to send us so many new applications because the packages contained information that is informative for this NG.

So, guys and gals, there you have it ... Section 245(i) has been extended until June 1, 2002.

Rita