Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Madison WI?

Wikiposts

Any Brits in Madison WI?

Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:05 am
Just Joined

katy1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Madison WI?

I am coming up to Madison this weekend to visit - my USC husband is looking for residency programs and we have interviews up there on Friday -- will be there Saturday and Sunday too if anyone is around for coffee/drink. We are looking to move there in May 08! I've been living here in Indianapolis since April 06 and dreading my first American Christmas (I went home last year!) if anyone knows anywhere that sells parsnips I'm having a hard time finding them!!!!! Haha!

Katy
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:24 am
Just Joined

skeatsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

try wholefoods market- they usually have parsnips, or any larger grocery stores. Copps/Cub foods here in madison usually have them too! :-)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katy1234
I am coming up to Madison this weekend to visit - my USC husband is looking for residency programs and we have interviews up there on Friday -- will be there Saturday and Sunday too if anyone is around for coffee/drink. We are looking to move there in May 08! I've been living here in Indianapolis since April 06 and dreading my first American Christmas (I went home last year!) if anyone knows anywhere that sells parsnips I'm having a hard time finding them!!!!! Haha!

Katy
Sorry for the preivious brief post...that was my husband's reply. We are free on Sunday if you're interested in meeting. What type of residency program is your husband looking for? I'm currently working for the University. I might be able to help you out with housing in May. Most of the 5th year residents I work with are looking to sell their houses around the same time. Don't be blue about an American Christmas....there are loads of things to do that can get you in the holiday spirit. Let us know about the weekend.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

katy1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Skeatsgirl -- I'll PM you right now - we have just arrived in Madison!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

YorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thelittlebrit
Hello everyone,

I'm a Brit married to a Yank and relocating to Madison, WI from London. Are there any other Brits in the area who'd be interested in getting together now and again?

Claire
Hi,

Welcome to Wisconsin! I'm in Appleton, so pretty close. Been here for three years also. Two in the Twin Cities and one here in WI.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katy1234
Skeatsgirl -- I'll PM you right now - we have just arrived in Madison!
Sorry we missed you over the weekend. We are in the process of house hunting and we found that we were much busier than we thought. Let us know how long you plan to be in town and maybe we can make some plans to meet up. Hope you are enjoying your time here and braving the the cold temps.
Monica
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

kittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to all

If this anyone's still interested, I live in Milwaukee if anyone is close to me
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittie1823
my gf's brother is just moving there, he's started working for kohls in the finance dept.....my gf is from Sheboygan which is about an hour north of milwaukee, we live together in london, but we'll be coming out for xmas! I cant wait....this is going to be my 8th visit to WI in 3 years (my third this year!)...everyone always laughs when I say I 'm going there but I really like it! The people are friendly, and it's nice a cheap...i think its a great place...I wasnt a huge fan of milwaukee, but maybe I need to get to know it better. Usually we just drive straight through it from Chicago to Sheboygan but I imagine I'll probably spend a night there this chistmas.....I also really want to check out Miller park when I get a chance. I've been passed it and it looks cool...
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

YorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kittie1823
I'd definitely be interested in a WI get together! I'm in Appleton...occasionally in Waukesha for work.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

janesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura aboutjanesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura aboutjanesvillesaint2112 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, i moved to Janesville, just outside madison, in july to get married, im originally from Southampton. It would be great to meet up with others from the homeland who are living here as havent had too much of a chance to branch out yet. Also does anyone know where i can get some decent bacon??
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:33 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Can those who've contributed to this thread kindly "stick" themselves on the frappr map on this link:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393102

That way, any others in your area can find you and make friends.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:21 am
Just Joined

clare3232 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Any Brits in Madison WI?

hey Clare, my name is Clare too and I am married to a yank and live in Madison, isnt that weird, email me if you like at [email protected].

Originally Posted by thelittlebrit
Hello everyone,

I'm a Brit married to a Yank and relocating to Madison, WI from London. Are there any other Brits in the area who'd be interested in getting together now and again?

Claire