Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another healthcare outrage :mad:

Another healthcare outrage :mad:

Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

neutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud ofneutron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another healthcare outrage :mad:

Another (exiled) American view about provision of healthcare

http://fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neutron

Interesting read - but this guy seems to think that 'socialized healthcare' is only for "people cannot take care of themselves beyond showing up at work every day".

This is another typically American take on this issue. And I hate the term 'socialized'.

In Europe, we call it UNIVERSAL healthcare........ and it's for everybody. It's proper healthcare for all citizens and residents, not just a safety net for the unfortunates.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:44 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by neutron

I liked it.

It’s different to Mary Sal Wooten in a decaying trailer somewhere on 301 South, with her retinas peeling like wallpaper from diabetic retinopathy, ankles swollen and darkening toward gangrene, and the hospital won’t take her because it isn’t an emergency and she can’t afford her medicine. Really, truly no-shit can’t afford it.
A couple I know about, through a friend who actually tried to help them out.

Lost their jobs when they both got cancer. Lost their home. Lived in a trailer. She was bedridden. Lived on the couch in the trailer. He was so ill, could not care for her. It was so bad, that she urinated a hole through the settee. Both riddled with cancer, no drugs, little money.

My friend tried to get social services involved. They could care less. They died within a week of each other and were buried by a kind pastor whose church paid for the funerals.

Isn't the American Dream great?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie

Lost their jobs when they both got cancer. Lost their home. Lived in a trailer. She was bedridden. Lived on the couch in the trailer. He was so ill, could not care for her. It was so bad, that she urinated a hole through the settee. Both riddled with cancer, no drugs, little money.

My friend tried to get social services involved. They could care less. They died within a week of each other and were buried by a kind pastor whose church paid for the funerals.

what a terrible shame! they are the people i'd like to reach out to if i had oodles of money!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked it.

They qualified for Medicaid didnt your friend know that ?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:00 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by southern comfort
They qualified for Medicaid didnt your friend know that ?
No they didn't.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

No they didn't.
they didn't no they qualified for medicaid or no they didn't qualify?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:22 pm

They didn't have it for some reason. I can't recall why. This was about 7 years ago now.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:52 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid

If no income, seems they would have been eligible. Medicaid will pay for nursing home care also.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

They didn't have it for some reason. I can't recall why. This was about 7 years ago now.
from what you posted they indeed did qualify
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
from what you posted they indeed did qualify
It's the gap between Rush and Sean, I assume? Must go and look at the schedules.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:25 pm

If they had been eligible, they would have had it. I can't recall why they didn't qualify, but they didn't.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

If they had been eligible, they would have had it. I can't recall why they didn't qualify, but they didn't.
no income no jobs and sick qualified them
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

read the link mallory posted
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:00 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

If they weren't eligible, then they had assets?

A lot of people are eligible for things, but don't apply. They like the way they are living, and put up with things. I guess it's called pride. You can take a horse to water.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.