Annoyances

Old May 4th 2007, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoyances

Originally Posted by Mallory
Roland and I are the only 2 peeps that like anything about the states. Everyone else seems to hate it here. Shame.
Good for you Hon, how long have you been here ?

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Roland and I are the only 2 peeps that like anything about the states. Everyone else seems to hate it here. Shame.
I actually quite like it........when the chemicals kick in......

There's a lot of "in your face" stuff here which makes it difficult to just wander through your day somtimes......today I walked into 4 different shops and was attacked with very loud greetings and offers to send my kids to college.......OK, so its happy and cheerfull, but some days you just want to be solitary and polite and get on with stuff......

Nah, after getting used to it all, its hard to constantly hate it, you just have bad days I think.......
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Please don't try to put words into my mouth.

I didn't say I hate it here...there are things I don't like about the US and things I don't like about the UK. There are things I miss about the UK...but if I lived there I would miss plenty of things about the US.
Exactly!

I have been here a lot longer than a lot of the posters here and to be honest I forget a lot about how things were in England and also the fact that they have probably changed now anyway. Even so, I enjoy my life here and I enjoyed my life there as well but both places have certain things that annoy(ed) me. That's life..that's the way it is.

I'm so glad Mallory has a happy satisfying life

Originally Posted by britvic
.......you anti-Septic......
Old May 4th 2007, 7:54 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

We're Brits for blimey sake. We are not happy unless we can have a little moan...

To add to my list :-

Lack of decent tesco deli counter and Take out Fresh Injun Food

American Tea Bags (max of 3 tea leaves per bag)

Noisy Grass Blowers (what's wrong with a Rake)

FAD with eating out at "Taste like Home Food" joints - so friggen eat at home then FFS...

Addiction to Basketball (every friggin hoop scored looks like any other... to me)

Americans who say Soccer is boring !!!!

Check out Cashiers who don't say PLEASE nor THANK YOU...

Americans that don't know what :-

A cashpoint machine is.
A trolley is (to wheel my naff American Bread in)
A Fridge is
How to spell Cheque
Who call Herbie, Herbie but a Herb, an URB !!!!!
Real Cheese is
A Mobile Phone (not cell) is

TTFN
Old May 4th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

goldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to behold

Wasting a lot of time at traffic lights and how spread out everything is here. I hate that my kids spend so much more time in the car than they did in the UK. Really bothers me.

I also am annoyed by the intrusiveness of many Americans, touching my daughter's hair ('yer hair sure is purty'), asking my kids for their names, or practically yelling at my toddler when she yawns, 'whatz t'matta? Yer tired?'

No one ever bothered me at Tesco, Sainsbury's, etc. Here, I've had too many people make a beeline and say stupid things like, 'I saw you at Target today!!!'

Just like to be left alone, thanks.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
.......you anti-Septic......
Well I'd like to really know what pill's she's taking
Old May 4th 2007, 7:56 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Slow driving, freeways!

Characterless buildings.

No direct debit facility.

Lack of Ribena, Kia Ora or any decent cordial drink.

Lamps instead of ceiling lights, why not both?

No decent lamb. Every time I buy it, it's so rank it tastes like it died of old age.

Missing Brit TV.

No king prawn vindaloo.

Nothing serious, really.
Old May 4th 2007, 8:06 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm just a happy person. I really don't go around looking for things to complain about.
Old May 4th 2007, 8:17 pm

I'm just a happy person. I really don't go around looking for things to complain about.
OK, Mallory.......absolutely dare you to say something constructive about one of this ghastly things......
Attached Thumbnails Annoyances-drivethru.jpg  
Old May 4th 2007, 8:19 pm

........or one of these hell-holes
Attached Thumbnails Annoyances-chuckecheesefront.jpg  
Old May 4th 2007, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Old May 4th 2007, 8:22 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 4th 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Once was enough for me thought my Son had lost his mind in there.
Old May 4th 2007, 8:27 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
don't eat fast food darling.

let me see about list of annoyances:

drive thru banks
drive thru cleaners
turn right on red
beautiful sunny weather
beautiful lakes
gorgeous houses
sporty cars
good looking men (especially George Clooney)
beautiful garden shops
the great department stores
salad bars
Publix
Whole Foods
Tree lined streets
Smiling polite people
Cute kids
Godiva chocs
Canteloupe
Watermelon
Fresh orange juice
Sour cream
Red Velvet cake
Cheap petrol
Ray's tongue

Well you know all that is hard to put up with, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.