Annoyances

Old May 4th 2007, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Annoyances

What are the little things about living in the US which annoy you?

Mine include having to add tax to items you buy, (In the UK all items are priced WITH tax) plus I have a couple of others.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoyances

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

Mine include having to add tax to items you buy, (In the UK all items are priced WITH tax) plus I have a couple of others.
Bit of a surprise coming from you Kingfisher, go on then tell us the rest. Is it one of them day's we all have em you know.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

BUBBLE GUM! I hate it, its the bubble blowing cashiers, the customer services, the gas station clerk, the police, they all have this bloody stuff in their gobs! Should be bloody banned in public! HATE IT, ABSOLUTELLY HATE IT! AND BE WARNED THE NEXT CASHIER WHO BLOWS A BUBBLE WHILE RINGING ME UP I PROMISE I WILL DECK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops nearly forgot! The prudes!! the rest of it i quite like or can live quite happily with. But the prudish gum chewers drive me insane. Quite pathetic really. But show a nipple its a crime, talk about sex its greeted with shy giggles and red faces....... .... pleeeeeeeze..

Last edited by Deedee13; May 4th 2007 at 7:01 pm. Reason: forgot the prudes. no sex last night brought that on!!!!
Old May 4th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

andy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really nice

ooo er ! millwall at home this week ?
Old May 4th 2007, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
BUBBLE GUM! I hate it, its the bubble blowing cashiers, the customer services, the gas station clerk, the police, they all have this bloody stuff in their gobs! Should be bloody banned in public! HATE IT, ABSOLUTELLY HATE IT! AND BE WARNED THE NEXT CASHIER WHO BLOWS A BUBBLE WHILE RINGING ME UP I PROMISE I WILL DECK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh dear how old are they 12 FFS. Never noticed to be honest.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:02 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Not being able to claim the "tax" back if you run a business !!!

The NEWS from around the world (if you only count the USA)

Lack of good Indian Food

Healthcare price rises (20% this year )

4-way Stops

People who treat round-abouts as 3-way stops

Traffic lights where sensors are broken

Cats Eyes that must have come from blind cats (they don't reflect over here in GA).

Banks - like dealing with a friggin Post Office 30 years ago !! So Archaic

Fixations of Threads dedicated to the reasons we shouldn't be in the USA
Old May 4th 2007, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

yep i'm with britvic, a little surprised to hear you having a moan....come on then get it off your chest

anyway in answer to your question it would be easier for me to say what doesn't annoy me about living here
Old May 4th 2007, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit

anyway in answer to your question it would be easier for me to say what doesn't annoy me about living here
Agreed.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:17 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Annoyances

Originally Posted by britvic
Agreed.
well i racked my brain. the only annoyance i can think of is the weather when it's over 90 degrees F. other than that, everything is peachy.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

The little things rather than the bigguns, but anyway.....

Supermarket bread

Shit Driving

TV News (especially local channels)

The sameness of shopping malls

Shopping Malls in general

Soccer Moms in SUVs

Families depicted in TV adverts

Radio (NPR and satellite excepted)

Ticketmaster

Excessive junk mail

Excessice junk phone calls

The whole "Whoever has the most $$$ gets to stand for election"

Lawyers.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The battery on my laptop wouldn't last long enough for me to list them.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:40 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The battery on my laptop wouldn't last long enough for me to list them.
Roland and I are the only 2 peeps that like anything about the states. Everyone else seems to hate it here. Shame.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Roland and I are the only 2 peeps that like anything about the states. Everyone else seems to hate it here. Shame.
Please don't try to put words into my mouth.

I didn't say I hate it here...there are things I don't like about the US and things I don't like about the UK. There are things I miss about the UK...but if I lived there I would miss plenty of things about the US.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mallory
nope it's not a shame...i count myself very lucky and fortunate and this will not be forever, nothing is
Old May 4th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Please don't try to put words into my mouth.

I didn't say I hate it here...there are things I don't like about the US and things I don't like about the UK. There are things I miss about the UK...but if I lived there I would miss plenty of things about the US.
Yep I have to agree with you Jerseygirl.

I will miss some things here but the things I miss about the Uk out weigh them, however for us the main reason for going back is the kids education, had we moved a year earlier it really would have been different.

but back to the Q.

Phone calls from newspaper sellers have to be the worst!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.