Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Office Parties

American Office Parties

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Office Parties

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Well, that sucked.
I have come to the conclusion that my job is not for me. For a lot of the people there it seemed like this party would be the highlight of their christmas festivities. For me it was as entertaining as a week in bed with the flu.
Still, that's that til next year - now the real festivities can begin
It's just sad, they have no idea do they.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:30 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
It's just sad, they have no idea do they.
Well, it would be unfair of me to judge but its fair to say that it wasn't my cup of tea.
How anyone could find it exciting or fun is beyond me.

Anyone get the idea that most yanks are too afraid to admit that they are bored or uninterested in anything to do with their jobs. What the **** is wrong with saying no at work or telling someone that you think they're wrong ???
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it would be unfair of me to judge but its fair to say that it wasn't my cup of tea.

Anyone get the idea that most yanks are too afraid to admit that they are bored or uninterested in anything to do with their jobs. What the **** is wrong with saying no at work or telling someone that you think they're wrong ???
Is it something to do with the saying " 3 less pay cheques and being homeless". We dont go to the Navy do's anymore there pathetic, compared to what they was like back home
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Is it something to do with the saying " 3 less pay cheques and being homeless". We dont go to the Navy do's anymore there pathetic, compared to what they was like back home
Its sad to see other people reduced to snivelling, grovelling messes, and a lot of talent going to waste.
not that this doesn't happen back home, but itseems worse here.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:20 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Because this is the land of PCness! Most people are too scared to stand out from the crowd or disagree with others. Then along came me! F**k PC!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

well our office party was brilliant, they flew us all, spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends everyone to Vegas, paid for hotel rooms and a swankily nice place in the Monte Carlo then plied us with free alchohol for 6 hours whilst playing loud 80's music having a live contortionist (sp) and then 3 hours of "The iron Maidens"...

fantastic night and I didn't spend a penny.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:47 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
well our office party was brilliant, they flew us all, spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends everyone to Vegas, paid for hotel rooms and a swankily nice place in the Monte Carlo then plied us with free alchohol for 6 hours whilst playing loud 80's music having a live contortionist (sp) and then 3 hours of "The iron Maidens"...

Wow!

... you must have pretty impressive bladder control then!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting something similar this weekend.... but in Atlantic City (not quite Vegas but I'm not complaining)
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by CarlM
Would you say you were generally happy in your job, Rush?
I was up to 3 weeks ago. then a huge change of proceedure, if it ends up a permanent thing, I'm offski
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
I was up to 3 weeks ago. then a huge change of proceedure, if it ends up a permanent thing, I'm offski
You actually now have to do some work?
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: American Office Parties

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'm getting something similar this weekend.... but in Atlantic City (not quite Vegas but I'm not complaining)
Wouldn't you rather have the money spent per employee on this shindig to be given to you as a bonus?
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
You actually now have to do some work?

Well actually...yes. That coupled with the fact that I am now required to work our biggest clients Transport office and its a 90 minute drive eachway (not including the notorious Adirondack weather). The worst thing is nobody will tell me if it's a permanent thing or just a temporary troubleshooting plan.

Those bastards actually expect me to work there. Have you any idea how difficult it is to make your job look harder and appear busier than you really are?
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:09 pm
Thinking about it

OK - thanks for sharing - i feel much better now
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:11 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Similar thing here; we get a $25 King Soopers voucher. The excitement is intense!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:31 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

I'm *****ed if I'm going to my work christmas party! There is no way in hell that I'm going to waste one of my evenings spending it with a bunch of sychophantic, two faced, catty gossipy bastards.

Can you believe that when I didn't put my name down for the party due to 'prior obligations' the CEO HIMSELF phoned me and demanded to know why I wasn't going!
I nearly fell off my bloody chair!!! WHAT????? since when do I answer to the bloody CEO about what I do in my spare time?

The whole thing is ridiculous and unneccesary anyway. Everyone knows that work parties area bad idea as usually someone ends up getting drunk and saying/doing something innapropriate and then its just uncomfortable for all concerned. The phrase 'business and pleasure do not mix' is one that should be heeded a bit more in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.