British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   American Office Parties (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/american-office-parties-341753/)

BigDavyG Dec 8th 2005 2:29 pm

American Office Parties

OK, I've got my work Crimbo lunch today.
No booze will be available unfortunately but the thing lasts 4 hours, so any idea what I can do to liven things up without invloving the use of class A drugs or me exposing myself.

I leave in 2 hours, so be quick people.

Celsius Dec 8th 2005 2:30 pm

Re: American Office Parties

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
No booze will be available unfortunately but the thing lasts 4 hours, so any idea what I can do to liven things up without invloving the use of class A drugs or me exposing myself.

Have you got a singing voice? How about getting the colleagues into the Christmas spirit and singing some songs?

BigDavyG Dec 8th 2005 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
Have you got a singing voice? How about getting the colleagues into the Christmas spirit and singing some songs?

I do, but it requires the use of class A drugs or alcohol to get warmed up.

Celsius Dec 8th 2005 2:34 pm

I do, but it requires the use of class A drugs or alcohol to get warmed up.

Too late to get a karaoke machine and do a pass the mic session?

britvic Dec 8th 2005 2:34 pm

You poor chap, the excitement of it all :zzz:

ScousePete Dec 8th 2005 2:35 pm

bring a hip flask :beer:

BigDavyG Dec 8th 2005 2:36 pm

Too late to get a karaoke machine and do a pass the mic session?

Yep. We've hired some italian restaurant for it though, so maybe they'll have something on the premises.

BigDavyG Dec 8th 2005 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ScousePete
bring a hip flask :beer:

I now feel like a complete fool :(
Should have put this thread up yesterday.

Schnorbitz Dec 8th 2005 2:53 pm

You should, using the "he said about you...." method, see if you can get a couple of colleagues fighting with each other or shagging in the cloakroom.

Or don't bother going, stay in the office, where many people are bound to have left their machines logged on, and send some dodgy emails from their PC's (obviously using the delay function to coincide with their return to the office).

BigDavyG Dec 8th 2005 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Or don't bother going, stay in the office, where many people are bound to have left their machines logged on, and send some dodgy emails from their PC's (obviously using the delay function to coincide with their return to the office).

Been there, done that at lunchtimes.
Never ceases to amuse me though.

However there is free grub on offer at the party so I won't be missing out on that.

Rushman Dec 8th 2005 4:50 pm

Christmas lunch...with no booze!!!!

I'm f**ked if I'd bother going. I wouldn't bother going to my firms do if there wasn't enough booze flowing so that I could get hammered and tell my colleagues again what I think of the sycophantic bunch of arseholes.

CarlM Dec 8th 2005 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
Christmas lunch...with no booze!!!!

I'm f**ked if I'd bother going. I wouldn't bother going to my firms do if there wasn't enough booze flowing so that I could get hammered and tell my colleagues again what I think of the sycophantic bunch of arseholes.

Would you say you were generally happy in your job, Rush?

Celsius Dec 8th 2005 8:20 pm

No word from the OP. Wonder if he took up any of the suggestions posted here? Maybe he's already received his pink slip! :eek:

Titchski Dec 8th 2005 8:31 pm

I went to the office do at my current employers the first year I was here. I will never go again. Crap food, Coors Light or Budweiser beer only (not free), jangly Latin Carnival Music for entertainment and the management are in the same mood they are in all week, except they roll it over to a Saturday night. :rolleyes:

BigDavyG Dec 8th 2005 8:48 pm

No word from the OP. Wonder if he took up any of the suggestions posted here? Maybe he's already received his pink slip! :eek:

Well, that sucked.
I have come to the conclusion that my job is not for me. For a lot of the people there it seemed like this party would be the highlight of their christmas festivities. For me it was as entertaining as a week in bed with the flu.
Still, that's that til next year - now the real festivities can begin :)