Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American History?

American History?

Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American History?

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I saw that Optimus Prime....teehehehehe. Brazil...come on.
So google and then tell me who else abolished it after the US then.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:55 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
So google and then tell me who else abolished it after the US then.
No. It looks like you need the practice. Why would you delete it if it were right? You love being right.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

No. It looks like you need the practice. Why would you delete it if it were right? You love being right.
For the simple reason that I like Cindy and didn't want to give her anymore grief than I saw her get (and give) as I read through the thread after posting.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:09 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

For the simple reason that I like Cindy and didn't want to give her anymore grief than I saw her get (and give) as I read through the thread after posting.
Well that's cool of you then. You know if you were actually what you said you were you would have kept it up there but you didn't. Just a thought.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Well that's cool of you then. You know if you were actually what you said you were you would have kept it up there but you didn't. Just a thought.
If it had been anyone other than Cindy or ABY it would've stayed up there.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:16 pm
Riding on silver wings

If it had been anyone other than Cindy or ABY it would've stayed up there.
That's right. You have a reputation to protect of being a hard ass stubborn bastard that you are.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bunnii
Before I go to an american school, I need to learn a little bit of american history since...thats what they mostly study in History. Could someone possible tell me some important dates? I'm going to make a timeline to remind me of it but I don't know the first thing. I'll study into the subjects but I have to know the subjects fist

Thanks everyone in Advance!
Should not take you long...oh and they only teach American history, thats all that they think matters
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Hmm... an interesting thread, so I think I'll stick my oar in....

From an American viewpoint you would have to be very naive or a blinkered fool to not accept that there is a lot in American history that is negative. However, as a European we cannot really be sanctamonious about this considering our imperialistic and hegemonic past in say... Africa, South America, the Middle East and well pretty much everywhere really.

As to the OP, I would like to recommend reading "A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present" by Howard Zinn, as this explains things like how Christopher Columbus was something of a bastard, and more of the reasons for the War of Independence, but unfortunately this isn't the history that is taught in American schools.
Unpleasant aspects of British History aren't taught in British schools either. Most if not all countries tend to sugarcoat their own history.
Don't let us kid ourselves that the British Empire was for the benefit of the native peoples around the world.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Should not take you long...oh and they only teach American history, thats all that they think matters
Wide of the mark, Did you go to school in the US?
I went to school in the UK and precious little history other than British history is taught there in my experience.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by surly
Wide of the mark, Did you go to school in the US?
I went to school in the UK and precious little history other than British history is taught there in my experience.
No but I have three boys two in middle and the eldest in high school..is that ok?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:55 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Unpleasant aspects of British History aren't taught in British schools either. Most if not all countries tend to sugarcoat their own history.
Don't let us kid ourselves that the British Empire was for the benefit of the native peoples around the world.
Agreed, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

No but I have three boys two in middle and the eldest in high school..is that ok?
Well I'm sure you can educate them with your great knowledge of world history gain in your UK school.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I'm sure you can educate them with your great knowledge of world history gain in your UK school.
Wow... is that that time of the month already?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow... is that that time of the month already?
With that remark you've pretty much established the extent of your credibility to make any intelligent contribution.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

With that remark you've pretty much established the extent of your credibility to make any intelligent contribution.
Oh, I'm sorry let me get this right, its ok for you to make a sarcastic attack on me but when I try to make a light hearted response you try to insult my credibility..I could have attacked your poor grammar, but no - I put it down to you just looking to pick a fight...make your mind up which is it to be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.