British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   American football, anyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/american-football-anyone-243148/)

justboy Jul 22nd 2004 12:55 am

Originally posted by DaveC
Hey, if you're a Killie fan I thought it went against the grain to support Celtic??:)

Looks like our cable provider is going to be dropping FSW which is a bugger. I found that Sky Sports News hardly ever mentioned the SPL and the only highlights I saw last season were from the cup games that Sky broadcast live on the UK. Fox Sports Report showed them too.
Yeah, normally i would root against the 'Selik' as they are called in Glasgow, but it would be good to see them put a few past Chelsea Millionaires Club.

Your right, they only really have the scores on Sky Sports. What can you expect though, apart from Celtic and Rangers nobody wants to see SPL games. I would be pissed if Comcast dropped FoxSports World. I need my fix.

I was happy that my home team, Inverness Caley Thistle got promoted this year. I will look out for them, except when they take on the mighty blue and white of Kilmarnock!!

DaveC Jul 22nd 2004 1:07 am

Originally posted by justboy
I was happy that my home team, Inverness Caley Thistle got promoted this year. I will look out for them, except when they take on the mighty blue and white of Kilmarnock!!
How did you end up supporting Killie, coming from Inverness? I'm a sheep shagging bastard so I'll be interested to see how the ICT/Dons ground share works out.

Stop on by the British football thread if you get a chance, there are Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and Hamilton/Rangers fans who hang out there.

justboy Jul 22nd 2004 1:17 am

My Dad was a Killie fan and i grew up with it. We used to travel from Inverness down to the games and went to about 1 a month back in the day.

I remember stuffing the Gers 2-1 at Ibrox the 1st season we were promoted.....ending an 18month unbeaten run for Rangers at Ibrox in all competitions!!

I don't think the groundshare will work out for ICT....they will only get about 3,000 at games. Hopefully they can survive, so that they can play at Caledonian Stadium the following year. I think Livi will be heading for the drop!!

ScousePete Jul 22nd 2004 4:11 am

Is this just me?.....

There was a problem:
• There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
• The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
• The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)
• The password is incorrect. (Error #109)

doctor scrumpy Jul 22nd 2004 10:16 am

It hates scousers :)

g1ant Jul 22nd 2004 10:38 am

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
It hates scousers :)
Especially ones who put the league ID and the password in the wrong boxes.... BTDT ;)

ScousePete Jul 22nd 2004 10:54 am

Originally posted by g1ant
Especially ones who put the league ID and the password in the wrong boxes.... BTDT ;)
Yes! Who in their right mind lists the password before the login? ;) :D

tinaflorida Jul 22nd 2004 2:48 pm

Looking forward to watching Celtic take apart Chelsea on Saturday in the World Champions Series (or whatever it is called)
Not likely! ;)