British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   American football, anyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/american-football-anyone-243148/)

Yosser Jul 20th 2004 5:41 pm

I really enjoy watching NFL, I can't wait till it starts up again. Nothing like stretching out on the sofa on a sunday afternoon, with a big bowl of chicken wings or tex-mex, whilst slurping down some camals piss (coors light!).

I played rugby more than footie growing up, so I don't miss english footie much at all.

I was flicking through the channels last night and they had a right couple of spanners commentating on Fulham V Blackburn, it was so bloody annoying, something called fanzone I think.

CAM ON YOU COWBOYS !!! watch out....tuna's about:D

Polaris_x Jul 20th 2004 5:52 pm

Re: American football, anyone?

Go Broncos!!!!!

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Pimpbot Jul 20th 2004 7:30 pm

Originally posted by tinaflorida
I'd have to disagree with that one. The Bucs have been huge here since I moved here in '99. Obviously the level of support went a huge step further with the '02 Superbowl win. It's probably because the Bucs were the best team Tampa had for any sport (except the AFL's Storm, but Arena football's never been that popular). Now we've got the Stanley Cup winners the Lightning as well. Too bad that the Devil Rays are still a load of pants... I'm not a baseball fan anyway. :D
Ok, so my two years were probably a little bit of a stretch, as there were the two NFC championship years before they shipped out Dungy and brought in Gruden. However, if you claim that Tampa is a football town, in the sense that Green Bay, NYC, washington or Dallas is, then no. There is too many years of bright orange shirts, poor records and even poorer players to rule that out. It will be interesting to see if Gruden can turn around last years mess now that the core players from the 2002 super bowl season have gone. Carolina are the team to beat in that division now.

P.S. The defending expats fantasy football champ(ME) is ready to start another league and defend his crown, if anybody else is interested ?.

Yosser Jul 20th 2004 8:18 pm

Originally posted by Pimpbot

P.S. The defending expats fantasy football champ(ME) is ready to start another league and defend his crown, if anybody else is interested ?.
Hairy Palms United is ready to kick ass this season Pimp, count me in!

Duncan Roberts Jul 20th 2004 8:26 pm

Somebody mantioned fantasy football. Anyone up for going into a yahoo league? No cost, no prize, just for fun!

Duncan Roberts Jul 20th 2004 8:27 pm

duh, i need to read!

tinaflorida Jul 20th 2004 8:29 pm

However, if you claim that Tampa is a football town, in the sense that Green Bay, NYC, washington or Dallas is, then no.
Well, OK, maybe Tampa isn't such a football town, I guess I just meant that it has a reasonably popular NFL team. Probably wouldn't be nearly as popular if they still had the orange strips!

And count me in for a fantasy football league... I may be a newbie but I'm planning on sticking around for a while. :D

Manc Jul 20th 2004 8:59 pm

Originally posted by tinaflorida
Well, OK, maybe Tampa isn't such a football town, I guess I just meant that it has a reasonably popular NFL team. Probably wouldn't be nearly as popular if they still had the orange strips!

And count me in for a fantasy football league... I may be a newbie but I'm planning on sticking around for a while. :D
I am up for a fantasy league twatting.

RoB1833 Jul 20th 2004 11:05 pm

I'll give it a try too..... My small amont of knowledge could prove to be dangerous.

Pimpbot Jul 20th 2004 11:49 pm

I'll try to set up the league tonight when I get home from work. We will need at least 8 to 10 teams to make it worthwhile. You will all need a yahoo username to enter the free yahoo league.

ScousePete Jul 21st 2004 12:20 am

I'll try to set up the league tonight when I get home from work. We will need at least 8 to 10 teams to make it worthwhile. You will all need a yahoo username to enter the free yahoo league.
Count me in!

g1ant Jul 21st 2004 7:09 am

Me too....

Duncan Roberts Jul 21st 2004 11:19 am

I'm definately in! I've been hooked since the first year I played! I'm smarting from last year as I didn't win, first time in 3 years.

doctor scrumpy Jul 21st 2004 11:25 am

Count me in Pim.

Oggie Oi! Jul 21st 2004 2:53 pm

And me as well.