Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American football, anyone?

American football, anyone?

Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I gave up watching gridiron. I watch the Detroit Lions instead.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
There was a joke awhile ago.

A suspiscious substance of white powder of undetermined origin was found at Ford Field.

Team President Matt Millen whom couldn't fathom where the white powder had come from called in the DEA and FBI to investigate.

The investigation was called off once the authorities had determined the white powder to be the "Goal Line"

Last edited by manc1976; Jul 21st 2004 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

What do you expect when we had Marty the Moron ? A coach who wins the coin toss for overtime & elects to kick !
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:18 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

What do you expect when we had Marty the Moron ? A coach who wins the coin toss for overtime & elects to kick !
wasn't that just the bizarrest thing?

I was sat in a sports bar with the misses in Michigan (with about 150 others) and we were like WTF?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:29 pm
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to watch the NBA on TV when i was a kid, and i always rooted for the Timberwolves, so now that i am in Minneapolis, i stuck with them. I watch the Vikings games during the NFL season so you can say i have been bit by the bug. As for Baseball and Hockey, i would rather watch paint dry.

Luckily we have FoxSports World on cable so i can keep up with the footy back home,

MOAN THE KILLIE!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:40 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by justboy
I watch the Vikings games during the NFL season..
Jeez.. and I thought I had problems..

How do you keep Vikings off your front lawn???

Put a set of goalposts at the side of the kerb.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 5:05 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Saw Wayne Fontes the other day in a sports bar....
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cleaning tables ?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:09 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Na cellar man....
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:25 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily we have FoxSports World on cable so i can keep up with the footy back home,

MOAN THE KILLIE!!
Sadly they don't show SPL stuff. Maybe they'll come up with a deal with Setanta to show Scottish games next season - if Setanta get enough subscribers in the UK....
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tone
Saw Wayne Fontes the other day in a sports bar....
I met Wayne at an American bowl a few years back at Wembley. We were walking through the parking lot and he and a bunch of other coaches stepped out of a car right in front of us. Nice guy. Almost took the Lions to the Super Bowl. Fortunately my Skins got in the way at the NFC championship game.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

The Expat league is set up.

Its Yahoo and the password is expats and the league ID is 193057

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ Click here for the link to sign up. Make sure you click the small "free fantasy football" link that is near the bottom of the page. You are joining a custom league.

The points scoring system isnt set in stone, so it can be adjusted to suit our tastes.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Only 2 points for a blocked kick?? It's got to be worth more than that!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:35 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaveC
Sadly they don't show SPL stuff. Maybe they'll come up with a deal with Setanta to show Scottish games next season - if Setanta get enough subscribers in the UK....

Yeah, but they do show Sky Sports NEws and i can keep up to date there.

Looking forward to watching Celtic take apart Chelsea on Saturday in the World Champions Series (or whatever it is called)
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:44 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but they do show Sky Sports NEws and i can keep up to date there.

Looking forward to watching Celtic take apart Chelsea on Saturday in the World Champions Series (or whatever it is called)
Hey, if you're a Killie fan I thought it went against the grain to support Celtic??

Looks like our cable provider is going to be dropping FSW which is a bugger. I found that Sky Sports News hardly ever mentioned the SPL and the only highlights I saw last season were from the cup games that Sky broadcast live on the UK. Fox Sports Report showed them too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.