Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

To all the Americans

To all the Americans

Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To all the Americans

Originally Posted by Rushman
Is a man not allowed to change his mind? Ever?
You bloody well know that's a woman's prerogative...
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by MsElui
that is so right.

I also think that he will go back to blighty soon and end up just as unhappy there as he doesnt seem to be pleaseable.
Pleasable?? You'd better go back to blighty to....that word is suspiciously "American". A Brit would never use that word......"He doesn't seem easy to please" would be more acceptable. Please return your vocabulary back to normalcy......<<Aham>> I mean normality.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
You bloody well know that's a woman's prerogative...
So..what a mans perogative then?

Besides farting under the duvet.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

But is it not possible that some of the 'cry-babies' may have other things going on which they do not want to talk about here...
This guy blamed America and Americans for his situation. Unless he was kidnapped by Americans and forced to live here ..... I don't see what his "private" gripe could have been. I realize that people have to tolerate situations they don't like (and didn't sign on for) and I feel for them - but at the end of the day this is the result of their own choices. I've known lots of American women married to American servicemen who weren't always happy about where they were stationed ..... but I've NEVER seen the level of constant whining that SOME on this sight indulge in. It really is undignified - I'm sorry if people don't like to hear it but that's the truth.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dan725
Yes I agree, at the end he just started trolling. You can't expect to start multiple posts, each of which basically said the same "The US is shit" in not so many words, and not expect a negative reaction.
Yes, he ended up trolling and thank god he did....BE needs trolls to wake it up otherwise it gets bloody boring and I am in danger of being brainwashed by the Liberal Guardianista's. Thank god I have a pic of Nancy reagan on my wall "Just say NO".
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
This guy blamed America and Americans for his situation. Unless he was kidnapped by Americans and forced to live here ..... I don't see what his "private" gripe could have been. I realize that people have to tolerate situations they don't like (and didn't sign on for) and I feel for them - but at the end of the day this is the result of their own choices. I've known lots of American women married to American servicemen who weren't always happy about where they were stationed ..... but I've NEVER seen the level of constant whining that SOME on this sight indulge in. It really is undignified - I'm sorry if people don't like to hear it but that's the truth.
Posting on this site is a safety valve for many - just one little thing which may help them cope and stop them from going nuts.

As for living here being the result of our own choices - true, but it is not possible to foresee all the things that might go wrong. 'Just go back' is not always an option, for a multitude of reasons.

At the end of the day this site is called British Expats - even if it is now American owned... - and I feel we are allowed to let off steam here. Same as your co-patriots do on the uk-yankee site.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:48 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Pleasable?? You'd better go back to blighty to....that word is suspiciously "American". A Brit would never use that word......"He doesn't seem easy to please" would be more acceptable. Please return your vocabulary back to normalcy......<<Aham>> I mean normality.
I'm American and I would never use a "word" like "pleasable". I'd probably say, "he doesn't seem to be easily pleased".

Then again, I'd probably also say, "Please return to using more acceptable (or accepted) vocabulary."

~SecretGarden
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Posting on this site is a safety valve for many - just one little thing which may help them cope and stop them from going nuts.

As for living here being the result of our own choices - true, but it is not possible to foresee all the things that might go wrong. 'Just go back' is not always an option, for a multitude of reasons.

At the end of the day this site is called British Expats - even if it is now American owned... - and I feel we are allowed to let off steam here. Same as your co-patriots do on the uk-yankee site.

Yes that is all true but it also works both ways and some unhappy posters on here equally make snide and nasty remarks to a lot of the expats on here that are content with their lives in the US.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Right. It appears to me that there are more Brits opposing the whining than there are Americans so your argument is really a bit shit. Though I may not be British I do have a certain (albeit not as pure as a true blue balled Brit) insight into the expat mentality. The last time I checked adults behaving like petulant children was unattractive in all cultures..... correct me if I'm wrong. Again, it is one thing to discuss and share reasonable and honest complaints and disappointments ..... it's quite another to just make up crap to complain about.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

Does this apply to loving Mum's of ginger babies or just whining bastards who would rather cry foul than make positive changes in their own lives?
Gingers and their ilk are on their own.

The truth of the matter is this .....

I can understand not being happy with the place you live. That is understandable BUT IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD FFS.

I know people who have lost loved ones (something we cannot do anything about) and whined less than some of the cry-babies on this forum.
Probably because those bereaved automatically get sympathy where as those not happy abroad instead of getting the sympathy ( I presume thats what they want) get an attitude of "Whimp!! You're not as tough/ lucky/ smart as me because I love it here HA HA HA Go home ya loser".

I don't think Im a cry baby for admitting on BE that I am constantly homesick, having a hard time settling in here, even after 3 to 4 years. BE is my release valve to some extent and I have and will continue to slag off what I think is bollocks here (as I did in the UK) if the yanks and the suck ups dont like it they can kiss my arse. I like complaining, it either gets it off my chest or gets things done.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Yes that is all true but it also works both ways and some unhappy posters on here equally make snide and nasty remarks to a lot of the expats on here that are content with their lives in the US.
and so they should....why should the happy ones not get any grief.....lucky bastards.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:59 pm
WTF?

Gingers and their ilk are on their own.

Probably because those bereaved automatically get sympathy where as those not happy abroad instead of getting the sympathy ( I presume thats what they want) get an attitude of "Whimp!! You're not as tough/ lucky/ smart as me because I love it here HA HA HA Go home ya loser".

I don't think Im a cry baby for admitting on BE that I am constantly homesick, having a hard time settling in here, even after 3 to 4 years. BE is my release valve to some extent and I have and will continue to slag off what I think is bollocks here (as I did in the UK) if the yanks and the suck ups dont like it they can kiss my arse. I like complaining, it either gets it off my chest or gets things done.
I didn't call YOU a cry-baby .... so why are YOU getting all teary eyed?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

This guy blamed America and Americans for his situation. Unless he was kidnapped by Americans and forced to live here
I don't see what his "private" gripe could have been. I realize that people have to tolerate situations they don't like (and didn't sign on for) and I feel for them - but at the end of the day this is the result of their own choices. I've known lots of American women married to American servicemen who weren't always happy about where they were stationed ..... but I've NEVER seen the level of constant whining that SOME on this sight indulge in. It really is undignified - I'm sorry if people don't like to hear it but that's the truth.
Who else is everyone expecting to whine on a website for British Expats other than British Expats? Sods law says that a certain percentage of expats aren't going to be happy in their new land and I for one can understand completely them coming on here and having a moan, hoping to find folk of a similar disposition and some moral support. Anyone that cant understand that has their head up their arse.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:10 pm
WTF?

Who else is everyone expecting to whine on a website for British Expats other than British Expats? Sods law says that a certain percentage of expats aren't going to be happy in their new land and I for one can understand completely them coming on here and having a moan, hoping to find folk of a similar disposition and some moral support. Anyone that cant understand that has their head up their arse.
I'm not sure what any of this has to do with trolls and unrealistic cry-babies.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

I didn't call YOU a cry-baby .... so why are YOU getting all teary eyed?
Because im on my period....Bitch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.