British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   To all the Americans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/all-americans-485881/)

lanky spoken here Oct 7th 2007 8:31 pm

To all the Americans

I can leave your country to go home. You can't

Good riddance.:thumbsup:

USA is a superpower? Fat Chance. Banana Republic, morelike.

Sweet old England, Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MsElui Oct 7th 2007 8:42 pm

Re: To all the Americans

well if your coming 'home' im glad im going to the US!

elfman Oct 7th 2007 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here (Post 5398606)
I can leave your country to go home. You can't

Good riddance.:thumbsup:

USA is a superpower? Fat Chance. Banana Republic, morelike.

Sweet old England, Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did you suffer some kind of serious head injury in the last month or so?

surly Oct 7th 2007 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 5398678)
Did you suffer some kind of serious head injury in the last month or so?

He's the Poster Boy for all the Brits that dislike the USA and want to return to the UK. :p

britvic Oct 7th 2007 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by surly (Post 5398792)
He's the Poster Boy for all the Brits that dislike the USA and want to return to the UK. :p

I might not choose his word's of course, but may be it's best not to tar us all with the same brush and I mean those of us who need to go home.

surly Oct 7th 2007 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5398811)
I might not choose his word's of course, but may be it's best not to tar us all with the same brush and I mean those of us who need to go home.

Same old message, spoken in a somewhat more honest way.
As I've said before I have no problem with it when the person acts on it. If he goes back we all benefit. :wub:

elfman Oct 7th 2007 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by surly (Post 5398877)
Same old message, spoken in a somewhat more honest way.
As I've said before I have no problem with it when the person acts on it. If he goes back we all benefit. :wub:

the trouble with him is that only a few weeks ago he was posting about how fabulous it is here and would basically never want to go back. Then he started coming out with all sorts of odd stuff which makes me think he's either a wind up merchant or needs help.

britvic Oct 7th 2007 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 5398966)
the trouble with him is that only a few weeks ago he was posting about how fabulous it is here and would basically never want to go back. Then he started coming out with all sorts of odd stuff which makes me think he's either a wind up merchant or needs help.

A marriage break up can do strange thing's to a person's mind, so there for I cut him some slack.

Elvira Oct 7th 2007 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 5398971)
A marriage break up can do strange thing's to a person's mind, so there for I cut him some slack.

So did I to start with - but now he is no more than a bore of a TROLL!

TruBrit Oct 7th 2007 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by MsElui (Post 5398668)
well if your coming 'home' im glad im going to the US!

wait until you live here a few yrs and then you might well be dancing to a different tune!

cheers lanky.....all the best m8 with everything :thumbup:

Kaffy Mintcake Oct 7th 2007 10:04 pm

I like Banana Republic. ;)

TruBrit Oct 7th 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 5398977)
So did I to start with - but now he is no more than a bore of a TROLL!

nahh he's harmless compared to some :sneaky:

simongb Oct 7th 2007 10:42 pm

Something is going on with him. Hey, lanky spoken here, it seems as though you are going through a tough time. I know you are going home, but my fear is that it is not going to help you in the long term. Just make sure you have some support to get you through this difficult time. Good luck.

Kaffy Mintcake Oct 7th 2007 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by simongb (Post 5399101)
Something is going on with him. Hey, lanky spoken here, it seems as though you are going through a tough time. I know you are going home, but my fear is that it is not going to help you in the long term. Just make sure you have some support to get you through this difficult time. Good luck.

I think you're right - I can fully understand that many may not be happy living here, but the "screw you" posts seem to be a cry for help.

Account deleted- ack - just noticed that. Hope things turn out okay for him.

YankeemovingAbroad Oct 7th 2007 11:34 pm

Speaking as An American I hope everyone try to be patient with lanky.You can go through things in life that will be very stressful.Lanky I wish you all the best what ever decision you make.