Airfares

Old Oct 1st 2001, 10:13 pm
Michael Voight

Shane wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >>Have a look at fights.com. Their usually the cheapest for me.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>Shane[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >im not one for violence, but ok.......[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Right, flights.com which is owned by Tiss in Germany. You can also go to www.tiss.com
and get the same thing I used them this summer to get tickets from Rome to
Cagliari (Sardinia) since none of the normal places (Travelocity, Expedia, etc) could
ticket the flights on Volare Airlines. Volare was a lot cheaper than Alitalia. It was
a hassle going all of the way through the process on the US sites only to later get
emails later saying they couldn't ticket it. I would use them again, especially for
small European carriers.

Michael

Old Oct 3rd 2001, 3:01 pm
Aqueouschief

I would agree, Orbitz doesn't have its international fare engine up to speed yet.
Perhaps Qixo, Hotwire or Priceline could also help out your search.

Michael Voight <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Try Orbitz.com or Cheaptickets.com.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 17th 2001, 2:02 pm
Banjo Bob

After searching the Internet for Business Class from Kiev to Denver, I found that all
of the prices were much higher than I could get from my travel agent. Before you use
the net, you may want to contact an independent travel agent also.

It save me almost $1000 for a one-way business class ticket.

Banjo Bob

Old Nov 17th 2001, 5:29 pm
Michael Voight

Banjo Bob wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Did you try an agent in Kiev?

Michael

Old Nov 17th 2001, 10:16 pm
Banjo Bob

I'm working on that now. I need to go through my European gateway or else I get
the USA sites for Ukraine International and the others. I am checking but for
tickets around Christmas, its getting very difficult to locate flights that aren't
alreayd booked.

Bob

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 10:29:14 -0800, Michael Voight

>
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> After searching the Internet for Business Class from Kiev to Denver, I found that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> all of the prices were much higher than I could get from my travel agent. Before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> you use the net, you may want to contact an independent travel agent also.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> It save me almost $1000 for a one-way business class ticket.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 18th 2001, 12:56 am
Kacey

I have to do a lot of travel arrangements in my position at work. We had been
searching for a new travel agent to use when the one we had been using went out of
business on Sept. 15. However, in talking to the travel agents...we have been
repeatedly told that most travel agents are no longer able to get the low fare ticket
prices that can be obtained on the internet. The airlines simply do not generally
offer these prices to the travel agents any longer. More than 10 travel agents have
told our company straight out that we would be better off searching for airfare on
the internet, or going directly to the airlines! (especially now that most of the
on-line sites, as well as the airlines themselves are now offering many services that
were once only available through travel agents - such as making changes to
"non-refundable" tickets for a small fee) I realize this may not ALWAYS be true...but
seems to be becoming the norm for this area at least (near Indianapolis).

>
[usenetquote2]> > After searching the Internet for Business Class from Kiev to Denver, I found that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > all of the prices were much higher than I could get from my travel agent. Before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you use the net, you may want to contact an independent travel agent also.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > It save me almost $1000 for a one-way business class ticket.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 3:18 am
Michael Voight

Banjo Bob wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Did you try an agent in Ukraine?

Michael

Old Nov 19th 2001, 3:39 am
Gringott'S Guard

What do you expect if you refuse to fly economy?

[usenetquote2]>> I don't fly United since cattle are treated better than their passengers. I also[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> won't fly economy in a 16+ hour flight. I don't expect my lady to do that either.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> So, for Dec 18, one-way from Kiev to Denver with only 1 stop or change of flights,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> this is what I found.....[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Expedia.com ...... $3921 - UIL/BA Orbitz.com ....... $3921 - UIL/BA[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> travelselect.com . $3177 - UIL/LUF (-$744) Travelocity.com .. $3149 - UIL/LUF[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> (-$772) My Travel Agent .. $2794 - UIL/AF (-$1127)[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 19th 2001, 4:01 am
Michael Voight

Of course, if she refuses to fly Businees, and insists on Firsc, then there is
a problem.

Gringott's Guard wrote:
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> I don't fly United since cattle are treated better than their passengers. I also[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> won't fly economy in a 16+ hour flight. I don't expect my lady to do that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> either. So, for Dec 18, one-way from Kiev to Denver with only 1 stop or change[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> of flights, this is what I found.....[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Expedia.com ...... $3921 - UIL/BA Orbitz.com ....... $3921 - UIL/BA[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> travelselect.com . $3177 - UIL/LUF (-$744) Travelocity.com .. $3149 - UIL/LUF[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> (-$772) My Travel Agent .. $2794 - UIL/AF (-$1127)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Did you try an agent in Ukraine?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Michael[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 19th 2001, 5:18 pm
Banjo Bob

Ha ha ha. She is a classy lady - if she wants first, she's got it!
    >

Bob On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:01:20 -0800, Michael Voight <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >