Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Air conditioning?

Air conditioning?

Old Jul 26th 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air conditioning?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Indeed we can, and Robin, Mike, and did just that, and without getting apoplectic about it.

Now calm down, and get your toys back in the pram!
'ello Pulaski! I wuz waitin for you to rock up!

The old 'calm down/childish' thing eh? I look on the bright side-at least you didn't resort to caps this time...Every cloud eh?

Silly twisted boy.

I am delighted for you, Robin, and Mike though. You sound like the three mouseketeers.

I'm terribly impressed...

I am editing to add that I must awar to me beed, so post yer purls o' wizdom and we can chat on the morrow?

Last edited by TheEmperorIsNaked; Jul 26th 2013 at 2:31 pm. Reason: Sayin ni ni to P.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

A/c very unusual in these Offshore Islands. Electric fans for summer days !
Old Jul 26th 2013, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed we can, and Robin, Mike, and did just that, and without getting apoplectic about it.

Now calm down before you rupture something and get your toys back in the pram!
Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
'ello Pulaski! I wuz waitin for you to rock up!

The old 'calm down/childish' thing eh? I look on the bright side-at least you didn't resort to caps this time...Every cloud eh?

Silly twisted boy.

I am delighted for you, Robin, and Mike though. You sound like the three mouseketeers.

I'm terribly impressed...

I am editing to add that I must awar to me beed, so post yer purls o' wizdom and we can chat on the morrow?
If you wish to continue your discussion in the same vein...please take it to PM. Thanks.

Originally Posted by scot47
A/c very unusual in these Offshore Islands. Electric fans for summer days !
That's what we always used on the few hot summer days/nights in the UK.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 5:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
..... That's what we always used on the few hot summer days/nights in the UK.
Me too, though my preferred solution when I was a student, was to work nights during the summer holidays. My bedroom faced west, so I could go to bed around 7-8am, which was as cool in my room as it was ever going to get, and I'd sleep until around 4ish, when the sun got round to the back of my parents' house.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 7:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Me too, though my preferred solution when I was a student, was to work nights during the summer holidays. My bedroom faced west, so I could go to bed around 7-8am, which was as cool in my room as it was ever going to get, and I'd sleep until around 4ish, when the sun got round to the back of my parents' house.
My bedroom faced north....it was a dark, cold room even on the nicest days.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 10:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My bedroom faced north....it was a dark, cold room even on the nicest days.
A view of dark satanic mills?
Old Jul 26th 2013, 10:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

A view of dark satanic mills?
Something like that. Must be the reason why I always make sure my bedroom windows face south.