British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   advice required ,please .. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/advice-required-please-760038/)

steve cross May 30th 2012 5:51 am

Re: advice required ,please ..

ok when we got kicked out in florida we got on a bus to sheboygan wisconsin within a week as my fiance is from there .florida is very expensive to stay in compared to here .we tried the police in florida who went to her mums home who then told the police a load of lies and am lead to believe that our things have been binned ? my contact in chicago consulate said i can buy a emergency travel document for $180 .but my flight to manchester is my concern ... im currently suffering with deppression as it is and im afraid of being stuck here ..my fiance is duel nationality british ,american but both passports have expired so has long wait here till sorted ..:(

SanDiegogirl May 30th 2012 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by steve cross (Post 10090143)
ok when we got kicked out in florida we got on a bus to sheboygan wisconsin within a week as my fiance is from there .florida is very expensive to stay in compared to here .we tried the police in florida who went to her mums home who then told the police a load of lies and am lead to believe that our things have been binned ? my contact in chicago consulate said i can buy a emergency travel document for $180 .but my flight to manchester is my concern ... im currently suffering with deppression as it is and im afraid of being stuck here ..my fiance is duel nationality british ,american but both passports have expired so has long wait here till sorted ..:(

Why did you not go to the British Consulate/Embassy as soon as this happened to get emergency travel documents in order to take your flight home on the 28 Feb?

You have had over 3 months to sort this out. A few days ago you were asking if there were any Brits in Sheboygan to meet up with!

Suggest you get family/friends to fund your flight home.

Bob May 30th 2012 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10090072)
The nearest town to me has cops that are also ICE agents.

Your town was one of the few in that list though :lol:

ian-mstm May 31st 2012 12:45 am

Originally Posted by steve cross (Post 10090143)
... im currently suffering with deppression as it is and im afraid of being stuck here...

Honest to god, you sound like you're 15 years old and your mom spanked you. If you're an adult, take responsibility for your actions and act like an adult. You managed to get to the US... figure out how to get home. Over the course of the different threads you've started, you've been given several options... all you have to do is pick one and move forward with it.

I say this with all due respect, whining about the inequities of life isn't going to get you anywhere.

Ian

steve cross May 31st 2012 4:24 am

thanks for that comment .that helps a lot ..

RICH May 31st 2012 4:31 am

Originally Posted by steve cross (Post 10092025)
thanks for that comment .that helps a lot ..

Where are you now? If you go to the nearest international airport and ask for immigration, I bet they will help you get home. Does that help?

steve cross May 31st 2012 4:35 am

im currently in sheboygan,wisconsin .i think the nearest international airport is chicago . thanks .

steve cross Jun 11th 2012 5:46 pm

ok i have spoken to the british consulate in chicago ,they do not help anybody get home to the uk ,its our own responsibility to sort the etd money and flight home ... any more ideas ???:confused:

Jerseygirl Jun 11th 2012 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by steve cross (Post 10113019)
ok i have spoken to the british consulate in chicago ,they do not help anybody get home to the uk ,its our own responsibility to sort the etd money and flight home ... any more ideas ???:confused:

If you're that desperate you could get yourself deported...but you need to know the consequences first.

kimilseung Jun 11th 2012 5:55 pm

I have only known one person who has done this and they said they had to hassle the consulate for it to happen, it was not just a matter of asking, more insisting.

Jerseygirl Jun 11th 2012 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 10113034)
I have only known one person who has done this and they said they had to hassle the consulate for it to happen, it was not just a matter of asking, more insisting.

I'm sure Dean posted that in an emergency they will help but expect to be re-imbursed asap.

kimilseung Jun 11th 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10113038)
I'm sure Dean posted that in an emergency they will help but expect to be re-imbursed asap.

I think the problem is convincing them that it is an emergency and that you do not have any alternative sources. Just asking and leaving when they say 'no' does not seem to convince them.

Scouse Express Jun 11th 2012 6:03 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I do believe that some of this stuff is called for.

Jim.

Lion in Winter Jun 11th 2012 6:06 pm

If you have a genuine emergency, the call the Consulate and ask for an appointment, as per their instructions, and get down to Chicago and see them. Bring all your documentation and evidence that your passport was stolen.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo.../urgent-travel

Why on earth did you go to Sheboygan? There is no organization that can help there.

Lion in Winter Jun 11th 2012 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 10113051)
I do believ that some of this stuff is called for.

Jim.

Especially with the Sheboygan bit. Nobody goes willingly to Sheboygan do they?