Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice Please!!!..........

Advice Please!!!..........

Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Derbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really nice
Unhappy Advice Please!!!..........

Hi people,
right here is the situation, i am travelling to Kalamazoo/Michigan in 5 weeks time to see my love.
I am near the end of my divorce , she is going through divorce too.
Right, i was staying with her at her house me and my son and her kids.But hubby is NOW refusing to leave the house and means i can't stay there.If i can't stay with her for my 2 weeks holiday, getting to spend time with her and stuff , should i still go! , God knows i love her so damn much!.
Am i just chasing a dream here?........ we've been planning the future and everything. Her lawyer says if she leaves she could lose her kids......... . And she loves me so much too, its tearing us apart not being together.

I just don't know what to do folks.....any Serious advice much Appreciated.......
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Advice Please!!!..........

Originally Posted by Derbys12
Hi people,
right here is the situation, i am travelling to Kalamazoo/Michigan in 5 weeks time to see my love.
Right, i was staying with her at her house me and my son and her kids.But hubby is NOW refusing to leave the house and means i can't stay there.If i can't stay with her for my 2 weeks holiday, getting to spend time with her and stuff , should i still go! , God knows i love her so damn much!.
Am i just chasing a dream here?........ we've been planning the future and everything. Her lawyer says if she leaves she could lose her kids......... . And she loves me so much too, its tearing us apart not being together.

I just don't know what to do folks.....any Serious advice much Appreciated.......
Thats me f**ked then!!!

Last edited by rushman; Mar 26th 2006 at 9:00 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Take yourself in hand ...until your time comes ...you cannot be together via innigration until both divorces are final anyway....
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

surfsbabe will become famous soon enough

How far along is her divorce process if one of them has not yet moved out of the house???
Does her husband even know about the divorce?
Why doesn't she just move out and take the kids?

I think you need to be very cautious here, have you actually met her in person before this planned visit?

There are a lot of weird people who make all sorts of promises/plans/stories up on the internet and I could be wrong but this story sounds fishy to me.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Take yourself in hand ...until your time comes ...
Please!!! This is not The Lounge!
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by surfsbabe
There are a lot of weird people who make all sorts of promises/plans/stories up on the internet and I could be wrong but this story sounds fishy to me.
yeah but thats usually me and I'm nothing to do with this situation.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:18 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people,

If, at the time you plan on visiting her, she is not legally divorced, then it would not be wise to visit this woman. Her soon-to-be exhusband is still in the picture and you (and your son) showing up would just make the environment very tense.

Surely, for both your sakes (you and your girlfriend), hold off from visiting until she's a single woman again.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:28 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people,

Don't go. Seriously.

This sounds like a screwed up situation.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
If, at the time you plan on visiting her, she is not legally divorced, then it would not be wise to visit this woman. Her soon-to-be exhusband is still in the picture and you (and your son) showing up would just make the environment very tense.

Surely, for both your sakes (you and your girlfriend), hold off from visiting until she's a single woman again.

NC Penguin
Hopefully she'll have a very accommodating hot single younger sister in the mean time!!
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You could always just stay in a hotel....though messing around while she's still living with her ex is asking for trouble...and errr...how far is her divorce proceedings gotten? wouldn't have a clue how long it'll take, it all depends on the state...
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:42 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Hopefully she'll have a very accommodating hot single younger sister in the mean time!!
You are a right real matchmaker, aren't ya?

NC Penguin
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:43 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds well ropey.

Like the rest have asked - how far along is her divorce, and does her husband know about you ??
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Derbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really nice

NC Penguin
Thanks for the replies guys, just to fill you in a bit more, her hubby lives in a seperate part of the house, won't have anything to do with the kids, and used to knock her about.
He's against divorce as he is Christian as are we.
Hes doing this as he's a stubborn arsehole!.
He knows with or without me on the scene there is NO chance for his marriage, its been going down the pan before i came onto the scene.

Sorry one further bit yes he knows Everything about me!, he even chatted to me online on friday asking about previous jobs and hobbies and stuff!.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:50 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds at best very poorly thought out. Nothing good can come of this visit. Watch your back.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

NC Penguin
I'm a firm believer in Chinese philosophy. There's no such word in the Chinese language as crisis, the nearest word is opportunity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.