Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice needed - not enough time to make connection??

Advice needed - not enough time to make connection??

Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice needed - not enough time to make connection??

Hi there,

I have just booked my plane tickets for my husband and I to move to San Fran. We are flying from London and have to change at Philly to get our connection to San Fran. I will be going through immigration for the first time with my IR-1 Visa. How long does this usually take? We only have 2hrs 20 mins to make our connection and I am really worried that might not be enough time now. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay the £90 to amend the flights.

Also is it a problem if you do not know what your permanent address will be at this point? My husband and I are staying in temporary accommodation until we find an apartment and I was going to put my in laws address in Michigan as that is more stable. Is that OK?

Thank you for your help!
Annie
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:49 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed - not enough time to make connection??

I would not say this is enough time, you could be in secondary for hours, or for 10 minutes - the process does not take that long but you could have several people in front of you or none. A person on here took 3 hours only a couple of weeks ago through DFW.

The address is primarily for the delivery of the GC, so giving that address is fine, but as a resident alien it is incumbent upon you to inform USCIS whenever you move (just to make you aware )
Old Jul 18th 2013, 2:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's OK, but as civilservice points out you and your husband will each have to notify USCIS each time your address changes. AR-11 for you, I-865 for him.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by AnnieBelle
Also is it a problem if you do not know what your permanent address will be at this point? My husband and I are staying in temporary accommodation until we find an apartment and I was going to put my in laws address in Michigan as that is more stable. Is that OK?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:21 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

How close are your seats to the front of the plane? Every person deplaning in front of you is a potential person in line ahead of you. When we flew in to Seattle we were toward the front so were first at the desk. Of course this depends on whether another whole plane got there just before you or not...
Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:22 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
civilservice
-ant
Old Jul 18th 2013, 5:08 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies!

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by civilservant
-ant