Reload this Page >

Advice on job please

Advice on job please

Old Aug 6th 2020, 8:51 pm
Banned

monkeybest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on job please

hi all,

Newbie have been offered a job with the following basic pay package just finished my training here
Financials:
  • $330,000 Guaranteed Salary
  • $50,000 Sign on Bonus
  • $10,000 Per Year Retention Bonus
  • Loan Repayment Assistance
  • Benefits and Retirement Package
No issues with visa as the H1b is exempt from any exec. order as work is related to covid. Also have approved i140 i can adjust into when I want to. Is there anything I should be asking with regards to the pay package I should be looking for this is the first well paid job am doing in this country.

Thank you
Old Aug 6th 2020, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on job please

The words 'newbie' and 'finished my training' just don't seem to go with a $330K guaranteed salary ..... I could be wrong........
Old Aug 7th 2020, 1:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The words 'newbie' and 'finished my training' just don't seem to go with a $330K guaranteed salary ..... I could be wrong........
Why? It's a medical job some of my other friends been offered a lot more than this to go to other places more interior
Old Aug 7th 2020, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Newbit.....on the forum...
Old Aug 7th 2020, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeybest
Why? It's a medical job some of my other friends been offered a lot more than this to go to other places more interior
What's the job and where is 'other places more interior'?
Old Aug 7th 2020, 11:34 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling he meant 'inferior'

OP - That package will put you in the top 5% of income earners. It should be more than sufficient. It's no wonder that US healthcare is the most expensive in the world.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 1:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I have a feeling he meant 'inferior' .....
Not necessarily, he may be confusing the US with countries like The Congo, which have an "interior".
Old Aug 7th 2020, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Alan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Not necessarily, he may be confusing the US with countries like The Congo, which have an "interior".
If he's really getting more money in "the interior" as opposed to his quoted salary on the coasts, I'd take the interior job and bank the difference. Cost of living in general has to be much cheaper. Take your vacation in the Caymans every year and go visit your money.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

Then apply for the jobs where your friends have applied.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 6:20 pm
Banned

I have a feeling he meant 'inferior'

OP - That package will put you in the top 5% of income earners. It should be more than sufficient. It's no wonder that US healthcare is the most expensive in the world.
Your point being? That is the market so grow up even with that income there is a lack of people to fill the jobs so that must tell you something...they wouldnt be sponsoring visas otherwise
Old Aug 7th 2020, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Alan17
If he's really getting more money in "the interior" as opposed to his quoted salary on the coasts, I'd take the interior job and bank the difference. Cost of living in general has to be much cheaper. Take your vacation in the Caymans every year and go visit your money.
My job is in VA but a good size city my friend has taken a job in rural ohio paying 500k+.....he is married though dont think those kind of places are good when you are single etc...interior could be inferior that seems to be how the US works lol
Old Aug 7th 2020, 6:23 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Um..... you’re welcome.

’Grow up’ from someone with 3 posts. Take your $300k and go somewhere else - you’ll last about 5 minutes in the US with your attitude.

Last edited by civilservant; Aug 7th 2020 at 6:49 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your point being? That is the market so grow up even with that income there is a lack of people to fill the jobs so that must tell you something...they wouldnt be sponsoring visas otherwise
I think that even with an income of nearly 400K you are probably being short changed if you don't have car rental for a few months, couple of months accommodation rental, flights home for first couple of years, tax filing help for first year, non contributory pension fund and 100% health premiums paid for by company (Gold plated scheme of course)

At 400K per year you are obviously worth it........ and should not move for anything less.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

At that income level I'd recommend reviewing it with an accountant in the state you're looking at moving to. I'll tell you now that you can kiss goodbye to a large chunk of those bonuses to the tax man.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 7:34 pm
Banned

Um..... you’re welcome.

’Grow up’ from someone with 3 posts. Take your $300k and go somewhere else - you’ll last about 5 minutes in the US with your attitude.
Been here longer than 5 minutes already buddy and doing just fine thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.