Old Jan 9th 2002, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 35
smith69 is an unknown quantity at this point

well can anyone give me advice on what i will need to fill out if i accept a job in the united states and if i am allowed any goverment help if i get accepted there
smith69 is offline  
Old Jan 9th 2002, 9:48 pm
Posts: n/a


The EMPLOYER must petition the INS to get you a work visa. They will, probably with
the assistance of a lawyer, file the necessary paperwork. When the employment is
approved, they will send you a copy of form I-797 Notice of Action, indicating
approval of the employment. You take that and you complete a visa request form with
the nearest US consulate and you will then be issued, assuming you meet the rest of
the qualifications, a visa.

The employer will require from you certain information, such as photocopies of
diplomas etc. birth certificate, passport etc.

Unless you are a professional, then it is most unlikely that you'll get a visa ...
the costs to the employer are generally far too step for most non- professional
positions. The only exceptions to this are where there is a need for seasonal
employment, such as fruit picking and theme parks!

Government Help ????? Heeeheeheeheeheeeheee Hells bloody bells ... Americans
themselves get precious little help from their government and you think that
newcomers, and even temporary newcomers would get help ? Dream on! None at all,
whatsoever. Any assistance to newcomers of any kind that might be available is
usually through churches and similar advocacy groups ... but that is now so slim such
programs are pretty well gone.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.