Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Dec 19th 2004, 4:40 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

[QUOTE=Ray]I am still trying to get to the stage that I need medical attention after 4 hours...[/QUO

They would just take you into hospital amd jam a needle into your willy - ouch! They don't tell you that bit on the ad. :scared:
Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

All the poop product adds they show during dinner....nasty...
Old Dec 25th 2004, 6:12 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

That AOL advert that goes: “I want total catastrophic system failure!� and “I want to loose all my family’s pictures!� is really pissing me off at the moment. It’s using the same paranoid crap that Bush and friends used to win the election. Funny really, coz all the prats I know who use AOL seem to be Republican and/or military types. Serves 'em right, I s'pose, paying through the teeth for a crappy, overpriced service designed for simpletons.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=bored-silly]
Originally Posted by Ray
I am still trying to get to the stage that I need medical attention after 4 hours...[/QUO

They would just take you into hospital amd jam a needle into your willy - ouch! They don't tell you that bit on the ad. :scared:

That's when they are being nice! I work in the O.R and have seen them be cut open because they are so 'pumped up' on blue pills etc that they won't go down and jabbing them with big needles didn't work!!

Enjoy your 'pig in a blanket's' today hehe
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Valentines adds already...grrrr....

oh and those stupid bog brush adds...nasty...
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:53 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

The red tag advert where the guy goes, "he's a kid and your in red suite, ho, ho, ho" drives me insane
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

The new Alieve add...where the woman says alieve's ok, just follow the directions....how naff...
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
That AOL advert that goes: “I want total catastrophic system failure!� and “I want to loose all my family’s pictures!� is really pissing me off at the moment. It’s using the same paranoid crap that Bush and friends used to win the election. Funny really, coz all the prats I know who use AOL seem to be Republican and/or military types. Serves 'em right, I s'pose, paying through the teeth for a crappy, overpriced service designed for simpletons.

I "resemble" that remark!

Hmm, ads that make me see red? Probably the ads that are for drugs that I have no idea what they're for?! I'm sure that the people who take them know, but then they don't need to be convinced, do they? That antacid touring bus couple have GOT to go!!!
Also, they have a habit of showing the same ad two times in a row. Deja vu all over again as Yogi Berra said.
I like the Geico ad, HP one (with the Kinks song) and the current one for Verizon (?) I think where the parents are watching the kids shovel snow outside to earn time on their phones.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I like the Geico ad, HP one (with the Kinks song) and the current one for Verizon (?) I think where the parents are watching the kids shovel snow outside to earn time on their phones.
That's a good verizon add, but the other ones, with the tour bus are annoying...
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

The Mercury adds where the couple are getting up and ready earlier each time...that's insanely annoying, as is the other mercury adds, like the guy on the date...
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:11 am
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fatbrit
the aol ad really bugs me.. but the worst is the woman with the kid.. i want to lose all our pictures.. her first step.. her first word.. her first bite of real food.. PEAS! it was PEAS! and corn!

i may have anger issues, but i really wanna drop kick her to the face everytime that ad comes on.. I DONT CARE WHAT YA GODDAM KID ATE GET OFF THE SCREEN!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:41 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

That bunch of school kids singing My Girl for summat or other, pass the sick bag pronto
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:17 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Any advert that asks you to call a number at the end. I'm thinking in particular of those endless adverts which all seem to have the voice-over saying "But wait! If you call in the next 10 minutes....". A phrase which anyone with half a brain should realise is total b*llocks.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:56 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting fed up with those beer ads where the bloke makes his flatmate wear an electric shock pet collar to stop him nicking beer out of the fridge. They make me cringe, especially the one where he comes home to find his mate plus girlfriend dancing in the living room. Who does that?
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:50 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i just had to revive this thread, i must have seen one of the worst AD's last night, at first my hubby and i were speechless then we just burst out laughing!!!!

It was an Ad for KY Jelly only they were trying to be romantic seeing as Valentines is coming up..i mean it was unbelieveable...like forget Chocolates or Flowers get the woman you love KY!!!! Haha ...well it wasn't THAT bad but it was still hilarious!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.