Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

About Guns, Not Gun Laws

Wikiposts

About Guns, Not Gun Laws

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:44 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gun laws

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
A mix of points (?):

I think I just mis-read that part...
No worries
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Yet you immediately felt threatened by the way some men were dressed thats paranoia, you said they didn't do anything are you frightened of baggy pants?
You take it serious enough to be discrete? Or advertise the fact with a big bag.
You know what's funny, I was in the gun shop a few months back perusing their wears. These three kids came in, early 20s, dressed in long white sleeveless t-shirts, long shorts hung around their bums, and giant sneakers.

They are looking at the Glocks, and when they ask to see them the owner politely obliges.

Then one of these kids says "Oh man, you should get that one, if I had that I'd be like pop-pop n*****, pop-pop", while making the "pointing gun" motion with his hand.

So at this point I'm thinking, is he really going to sell them a gun?; but I left anyway before they asked to buy anything.

Would you have sold them one? I keep wondering if they did buy one.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Guns, Not Gun Laws

He gave you one too?
I have several, that's just a backup to the backup.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:55 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

You know what's funny, I was in the gun shop a few months back perusing their wears. These three kids came in, early 20s, dressed in long white sleeveless t-shirts, long shorts hung around their bums, and giant sneakers.

They are looking at the Glocks, and when they ask to see them the owner politely obliges.

Then one of these kids says "Oh man, you should get that one, if I had that I'd be like pop-pop n*****, pop-pop", while making the "pointing gun" motion with his hand.

So at this point I'm thinking, is he really going to sell them a gun?; but I left anyway before they asked to buy anything.

Would you have sold them one? I keep wondering if they did buy one.
But it's their right I'm sure you can't deny it.
I have a conscience I'm sure owning a gun shop requires removal of it.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:56 am
Not dead yet

Bit like a clitoris then?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But it's their right I'm sure you can't deny it.
I have a conscience I'm sure owning a gun shop requires removal of it.
Well you can't, but I'm sure someone people would question that decision if anything bad came of it.

With the current state of affairs gun shops are generally very careful; of course you get the odd one or two who might turn a blind eye to some things, but for the most part they are careful. I witnessed someone attempt a straw purchase (someone buying a gun for someone else) a few weeks ago, the owner politely told the two people to **** off as he wasn't selling car stereos.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bit like a clitoris then?
A little black book of nuclear submarines... for booty calls.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:07 am
Not dead yet

A little black book of nuclear submarines... for booty calls.
Dive dive dive
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:13 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

You were not there, so you really cannot comment on what I did or didn't see
Yet you immediately felt threatened by the way some men were dressed thats paranoia, you said they didn't do anything are you frightened of baggy pants?

When they make a bag that acts like a tardis I'll buy one. Maybe baggy pants would help, but I was just too scared to ask them where they bought theirs. Maybe I'll go back when I'm tooled up.
You take it serious enough to be discrete? Or advertise the fact with a big bag.

You actually said I was frightened. I was not quoting you word for word.
I never said you were a pussy

We never did get to hear about all those valid points you were making, or as I suggest you just dropped in to throw your toys around because someone has a hobby that goes against your gun control wishes?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:16 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I have 1 Nimitz class aircraft carrier with a full complement of fighters/bombers/cruise missiles

I get the fuel for the 2 reactors from nearby oak ridge nuklear research facility

its amazing what you can hide on some of the tennessee lakes...
Attached Thumbnails About Guns, Not Gun Laws-lake-carrier.jpg  
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:21 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pony
Having never met me, and based solely on postings on a web forum, you feel qualified enough to state I am not a suitable person to own a handgun.
Yeah, exactly - you're a heavily armed, not-too-bright man who starts panicking as soon as he sees four men standing on a corner!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:29 am
Not dead yet

Perhaps this guy was paranoid too?
Oviedo police think two people may have been followed home and robbed after they left a local gun range. The man and his friend were robbed in the driveway of a home on Lullwater Drive in the Kingsbridge West subdivision on Sunday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10963235/detail.html
I suggestyou read your own posts you spend most of the time stating things then contradict yourself.
I have a big range bag full of handguns and ammo, yet no way to defend myself should one of them decide to simply take it!
It was a mixed group of 3 whites and one (I presume) hispanic. I was referring to their attire
cautious about advertising the fact I have unloaded guns .......obviously a very large range bag. It was obvious it was full too as it weighs a lot with all the guns and 450 rounds of ammo.

Please show me where I threw my toys about again you're attempting to divert attention from your points
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:32 am
Not dead yet

Perhaps this guy was paranoid too?
Oviedo police think two people may have been followed home and robbed after they left a local gun range. The man and his friend were robbed in the driveway of a home on Lullwater Drive in the Kingsbridge West subdivision on Sunday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10963235/detail.html
Fat lot having guns did them
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I have 1 Nimitz class aircraft carrier with a full complement of fighters/bombers/cruise missiles

I get the fuel for the 2 reactors from nearby oak ridge nuklear research facility

its amazing what you can hide on some of the tennessee lakes...
What' the story behind that?

ETA: Turns out it's a Chinese theme park!

Last edited by anotherlimey; Jul 23rd 2007 at 10:51 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:43 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

We never did get to hear about all those valid points you were making.

Fat lot having guns did them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.