Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

About Guns, Not Gun Laws

About Guns, Not Gun Laws

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:42 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About Guns, Not Gun Laws

This was the first chance I got to visit the range since I arrived in CA. To be honest it was a very nerve racking experience.
As anyone who has ever been to the range at LAX will testify, it is not in the best neighborhood. The range only has 6 parking spaces at the front, the rest being on the road. So I arrive at the range, all my guns unloaded and locked as per CA law. I exit the car and see 4 young men all hanging around (they all look 'street' if you know what I mean). I am thinking, I have a big range bag full of handguns and ammo, yet no way to defend myself should one of them decide to simply take it!
If I were a gang member wanting to get my hands on some handguns then I would visit the range and rob the unarmed citizens who have a great supply of well looked after firearms

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jul 23rd 2007 at 2:40 am. Reason: Creation of new thread
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:54 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gun laws

Originally Posted by Pony
OK thanks.

This was the first chance I got to visit the range since I arrived in CA. To be honest it was a very nerve racking experience.
As anyone who has ever been to the range at LAX will testify, it is not in the best neighborhood. The range only has 6 parking spaces at the front, the rest being on the road. So I arrive at the range, all my guns unloaded and locked as per CA law. I exit the car and see 4 young men all hanging around (they all look 'street' if you know what I mean). I am thinking, I have a big range bag full of handguns and ammo, yet no way to defend myself should one of them decide to simply take it!
If I were a gang member wanting to get my hands on some handguns then I would visit the range and rob the unarmed citizens who have a great supply of well looked after firearms
So did they? Take all your guns and rape you? Or not as I suspect.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:04 am

your a genius, did you work it out all by yourself? did I give too much of a clue by not stating a confrontation occurred? go have a lie down you must be worn out after all that 'thinking'

Originally Posted by Thydney
Or not as I suspect.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:29 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

your a genius, did you work it out all by yourself? did I give too much of a clue by not stating a confrontation occurred? go have a lie down you must be worn out after all that 'thinking'
Aw sorry was I not excited about your racism? All the gun crap you spout? Is it supposed to get me excited I mean you do need all of them to protect yourself from big bad bogey men?

One word paranoia
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:36 am

Racism? Where do you get that from. If you presumed I implied anything about color by the term 'street' then it is you being racist. It was a mixed group of 3 whites and one (I presume) hispanic. I was referring to their attire and not their color. I guess your own racism meant you were unable to see that.

This thread is entitled 'gun laws', yet you seem to take offense that it relates to the topic of guns.

The reasons for my gun ownership have f#ck all to do with you. If you don't like reading my posts then do us all a favor and don't!

You have added nothing to this thread other than the fact that your scared of guns and those that own them.

One word, pussy

Aw sorry was I not excited about your racism? All the gun crap you spout? Is it supposed to get me excited I mean you do need all of them to protect yourself from big bad bogey men?

One word paranoia
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:40 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

One word paranoia
Pony's post must have got you somewhat excited 'cos you did took the trouble to post a response to it...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:47 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

You have added nothing to this thread other than the fact that your scared of guns and those that own them.
You're the only one on this thread who sounds scared of anything
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:51 am

No not really, I'm all for guns falling in to the wrong hands

Originally Posted by elfman
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:02 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Can we not agree to disagree here?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:29 am
Not dead yet

Racism? Where do you get that from. If you presumed I implied anything about color by the term 'street' then it is you being racist. It was a mixed group of 3 whites and one (I presume) hispanic. I was referring to their attire and not their color. I guess your own racism meant you were unable to see that.
So you're frightened of three totally innocuous people because of their clothes

This thread is entitled 'gun laws', yet you seem to take offense that it relates to the topic of guns.

The reasons for my gun ownership have f#ck all to do with you. If you don't like reading my posts then do us all a favor and don't!

I stated that where?

Of course I would have to be frightened people like you worry me armed to the teeth and paranoid
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:30 am
Not dead yet

No not really, I'm all for guns falling in to the wrong hands
I think they have
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:49 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Guns, Not Gun Laws

I'm getting deja vu
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:01 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting deja vu
<<<yawn>>>

Why not let him talk to himself - we've been round this particular mulberry bush so many times...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:42 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me of the first time I went to my local range
There was a dirty old tramp sitting outside with a can ...

I went inside and told the guy..he laughed himself silly

Turn out the tramp was the owner who had been working
in the dirty loft space and had come down for a
drink and a breather... I got free range use for making
them laugh so much.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:21 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You ain't in Texas anymore, Dorothy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.