Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The 50 most loathsome people in America

The 50 most loathsome people in America

Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:00 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 50 most loathsome people in America

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Prepare to be revolted.

I spent part of my christmas vacation with an aunt-in-law in Boston. She is obsessed with Emeril. One night we sat down to watch tv and I asked if we please could watch something other than Emeril on the Food Network. To my absolute horror she popped a video in the machine and ther it was - Emeril had his own sitcom. It was perhaps the most torturous few hours of my life. Emeril was as charismatic and cool as he is on his cooking show.

Which is to say he was ****ing appaling.
I only heard of his shortlived sitcom. To hear that someone had the foresight to record this as a reminder of how bigheaded celebrities can be is quite remarkable (apart from the fact that your aunt-in-law is a fan)...

Even his TV adverts are crap! They're so bad I can't even remember the product he was flogging.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:14 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=NC Penguin]My nomination would be Emeril Lagasse, celebrity/TV "chef".

I'm not at all convinced he can cook nor do I find him entertaining. He has a poor grasp of American English too (although he is from MA, which might be part of the reason).

To me, he exemplifies all that is wrong with cooking on TV yet he is popular. You don't want to know where I'd put his "bam"!!!

Went to his thanksgiving show 2 years ago.He taped it at McguireAFB ,in a hangar , lots of fun. He has a crew of chefs bringing food on during the commercials.His band were really good , they played during the breaks.Never got anything good to eat.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:49 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=clydegirl]
Originally Posted by NC Penguin
My nomination would be Emeril Lagasse, celebrity/TV "chef".

I'm not at all convinced he can cook nor do I find him entertaining. He has a poor grasp of American English too (although he is from MA, which might be part of the reason).

To me, he exemplifies all that is wrong with cooking on TV yet he is popular. You don't want to know where I'd put his "bam"!!!

Went to his thanksgiving show 2 years ago.He taped it at McguireAFB ,in a hangar , lots of fun. He has a crew of chefs bringing food on during the commercials.His band were really good , they played during the breaks.Never got anything good to eat.
You never mentioned anything about Emeril himself. Guess that sums it up really, doesn't it?

NC Penguin
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:35 pm
Cuppa tea and a biccie !!

Tracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Webbie]Thanks for your nominations but again I have to ask for what reason ?

Who is Nancy Pelosi and why is she so loathsome ?
The original list mentions mostly famous (or infamous people) - what is this reason for her inclusion ? She's not all that well known...
QUOTE]

OK, Nancy Pelosi is an uber-liberal Democrat Congresswoman in CA.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...3/MN134531.DTL
http://www.usefulwork.com/shark/nancy.html

She is waaaaay too liberal for my liking and strongly pro-choice which I am dead against.
That's why she made my list.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracy in Texas
and strongly pro-choice which I am dead against.
Don't Texans have a wonderful way with words.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:41 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I nominate

Woody White - the republican (incumbent) state senator who (having a huge lead over opponent) lost his seat after he attacked her in flyers for being a lesbian and suggesting NC would become a gay state if she got in.

Johnathon (from the Amazing race) - if you watch the AR you'll know why

William Hung - make the torture stop

Anyone on Fox News

Anyone who watches Fox News

The person responsible for - the littlest groom, who's your daddy and growing up gotty

Originally Posted by Manc
please add, and for no good reason

Dr Laura Schlessinger (moral crusading, I am my kids mom, wierdo)
Jesse Jackson (lost the plot)
Laura Engram (AM radio female Mike Savage wannabe right wing nutter)
Ann Coulter (if I had one bullet and one gun, and knew I could get away with it....................)
Al Franken (nice politics, just a dour, boring man)
Rod Parsley (god squad)
Gary Bettman (he's the NHL commish and prolly a canuck, but who cares)
Randy Moss (punk)
Allen Iverson (punk)
Old Jan 26th 2005, 2:04 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

She is waaaaay too liberal for my liking and strongly pro-choice which I am dead against.
a pro-choice woman, who'd have thunk it.

I find it fascinating that a politician from Vermont and California made your list? yet you're in Texas.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 2:41 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Nancy Pelosi is an uber-liberal Democrat Congresswoman in CA.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...3/MN134531.DTL
http://www.usefulwork.com/shark/nancy.html

*channels Simon Cowell for a second*

Is that it ?
That's your resoning/argument for her inclusion ?
That she's a liberal from California ?!

That'll be a no then.

(Going slightly off tangent but still related:

Howard Weyers, of Weyco Inc., Michigan

Fires employees who smoke, even at home. As of 2005, his workers must submit to drug and nicotine tests. They lose their jobs if they won't take the tests, lose their jobs if they fail them. And if you're a fat employee, you get higher wages if you submit to a diet programme and, if you won't submit to a diet, you get lower wages.

Another "honourable" mention for the list I think.

Last edited by Webbie; Jan 26th 2005 at 2:44 am.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 2:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
he might be a tit....but no one is forced to work for him...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:06 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie

*Manc looks up from his desk*

"Oh fuc.."
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

not seen John Kerry mentioned........I belive the dems have just built a new
greenhouse......I recon they are trying to grow "spines"
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:13 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

heard about it on the news. Mich is an at will emplyee state, they can fire you for **** all. it's no biggie.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:17 am

Tracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the roughTracy in Texas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Manc
a pro-choice woman, who'd have thunk it.

I find it fascinating that a politician from Vermont and California made your list? yet you're in Texas.

-Not all women are pro choice - obviously, I'm pro-life (very strongly so)
I'm glad you're fascinated - it's better than bored !
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:20 am

[QUOTE=Webbie]*channels Simon Cowell for a second*

Is that it ?
That's your resoning/argument for her inclusion ?
That she's a liberal from California ?! [QUOTE]

No, I said uber-liberal - there is a difference !!
And who I choose to put on my list is up to me, quite frankly !!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Don't Texans have a wonderful way with words.
I'm not a Texan you plonker - I'm an ex-pat believe it or not !!
. . .and what's wrong with my 'way with words'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.