Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

3 days of mourning ?

3 days of mourning ?

Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:02 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 days of mourning ?

Top CNN news item right now... !!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

I expect an Open Casket !!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:08 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 days of mourning ?

I bet the value of his frozen swimmers just went through the roof. I just wonder if they let him go on this long because they didn't want to kill the "goose" that layed the golden eggs? I think if he was any other horse they would have ended his suffering long ago.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I bet the value of his frozen swimmers just went through the roof. I just wonder if they let him go on this long because they didn't want to kill the "goose" that layed the golden eggs? I think if he was any other horse they would have ended his suffering long ago.
You cannot call a horse a 'thoroughbred' is it has been conceived artificially.
They were obviously working on keeping him alive so that he could be sent to stud, but at prob about $100k a go wouldn't you do the same if you were the owners ???
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:18 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
You cannot call a horse a 'thoroughbred' is it has been conceived artificially.
I had no idea. I figured horses were like other livestock with big $$$ for frozen semen. There's a delivery truck I see running around my neck of the woods with a big sign on the cab stating "Sydenstrickers Semen Sales, *Champion Swine-Cattle*

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
They were obviously working on keeping him alive so that he could be sent to stud, but at prob about $100k a go wouldn't you do the same if you were the owners ???
If he was in pain and I knew the situation was hopeless in the end I really don't know if I could. Although If he wasn't feeling pain, I might be able to make his last days happy ones with some deserving females of his caliber...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:21 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I had no idea. I figured horses were like other livestock with big $$$ for frozen semen. There's a delivery truck I see running around my neck of the woods with a big sign on the cab stating "Sydenstrickers Semen Sales, *Champion Swine-Cattle*
To be fair I'm pretty sure that the rules must be broken in many cases, but that's the official line.
Wouldn't surprise me is they took a few 'samples' though not sure how feasible that would have been with his mangled leg.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:45 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
Top CNN news item right now... !!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

I expect an Open Casket !!

I expect an open tin of Kitekat