Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

If you're ever near St. Louis, MO (Restaurant/Pub info)

If you're ever near St. Louis, MO (Restaurant/Pub info)

Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:50 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you're ever near St. Louis, MO (Restaurant/Pub info)

You have to stop at the Schlafly Taproom. http://www.schlafly.com/They brew their own beer virtually in the shadow of Anheuser-Busch brewery and were actually sued by the giant in an attempt to limit distribution. The owner delivered the first case of his beer to be sold at BUSCH Stadium in a carriage pulled by dogs! The thread that talked about Beerfests got me missing my old drinking establishment.

This is my favorite place in St. Louis and one of the few things I miss about the City. They have a menu sprinkled with British items like Fish and Chips and a version of a Ploughman's plate. I doubt it's just like back in Blighty but it is very good.

There's a link to the "Burns Night" celebration video about halfway down the page. http://www.schlafly.com/burns.shtml This is a yearly event which celebrates the life and work of Poet Robert Burns. Warning!!! This video has graphic content depicting Bagpipes and Haggis!!! Unfortunately I missed it this year, but years past have been so much fun I can't remember much about them.

The next festival on the calander is the "Cod and Cask" (Feb 23 & 24) which promises Cod, Cod and more Cod along with "real" cask conditioned Ale. http://www.schlafly.com/codandcask.shtml

No This is not an ad, I don't work there! God knows I have spent plenty of money at the place though...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:27 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you're ever near St. Louis, MO (Restaurant/Pub info)

I get to drink their beers here in Eureka ....good stuff too...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:33 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you're ever near St. Louis, MO (Restaurant/Pub info)

If you're ever in STL, stop by for a fresh one. Drinking an draught Oatmeal Stout 30ft from where it was brewed is a good experience.