Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

25 Most Influential Brit Expats

25 Most Influential Brit Expats

Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: 25 Most Influential Brit Expats

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
16 MARK BURNETT, president of Mark Burnett Productions, age 45

The billionaire British-born Burnett has America by the eyeballs. The king of reality TV, his hits shows, including Survivor and The Apprentice, regularly pull in audiences of 20m. ... He arrived in America in 1983 with no work permit and took a series of jobs including nanny and chauffeur...

So...how did he get to stay we wonder?
Married a USC? Immi laws today, are pretty stringent to what even I encountered in 1997 when I moved here. I think that it was 1996 that they changed the law regarding SSN. Up till then, you'd land with a B1/B2, walk into the local SSA office and get yourself a number pronto, no problemo, just as an instance.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:30 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Nice to see your sense of humour's still intact though.

You've gotta laugh, otherwise you'll cry!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
He heads up Gaylord

I have to admit, I often have a chuckle as I drive past the Gaylord Entertainment Center (GEC)
So what if he does head up Gaylord Entertainment? I'm afraid I still can't quite see the humor there.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:40 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
So what if he does head up Gaylord Entertainment? I'm afraid I still can't quite see the humor there.
Wow! Jabba, you're a bundle of laughs today!

The name Gaylord is vaguely amusing (at least according to Meet the Fockers), and it's either funny or odd that Tennessee would vote for a Brit as Tennessean of the Year.

He's not your dad, is he?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:46 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
You've gotta laugh, otherwise you'll cry!
my gran used to say 'if you don't laugh, you die'. I was never sure if that was a misquote or a threat!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cutina
my gran used to say 'if you don't laugh, you die'. I was never sure if that was a misquote or a threat!
Sounds like a threat to me...."Laugh or die sucker!"
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:25 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
Married a USC? Immi laws today, are pretty stringent to what even I encountered in 1997 when I moved here. I think that it was 1996 that they changed the law regarding SSN. Up till then, you'd land with a B1/B2, walk into the local SSA office and get yourself a number pronto, no problemo, just as an instance.
Don't think he took that route.
Interestingly he's now going out with that touched by an angel woman, Roma Downey.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:46 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

My Nan used to shout 'Boogie Shoomie Tonga', it wasn't a misquote, she's just nuts!!!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:56 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Huhh. Only one woman in the Top 25....
There are two -- #18 and #25. You probably missed #25 because her profile consisted of a whopping two sentences! (Plus, she was at the very end of the list.)

~ Jenney
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:18 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Is it his birthday? Are you the male strip-o-gram then?

God I hope not, for his sake.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:29 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

The name Gaylord is vaguely amusing (at least according to Meet the Fockers), and it's either funny or odd that Tennessee would vote for a Brit as Tennessean of the Year.
Does this mean next year I might get voted for as British Tennessean of the year ?????????

I made the list at No. 9,423 this time !
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:30 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

I take it she used to belong to the mob ?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:38 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Does this mean next year I might get voted for as British Tennessean of the year ?????????

I made the list at No. 9,423 this time !
Maybe.
It'll probably help your campaign if you change your Location first though
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

He's not your dad, is he?
Ha! No, my father passed away 16 years ago. I'll have to take your word that it's funny.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:45 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Ha! No, my father passed away 16 years ago. I'll have to take your word that it's funny.
I'm sorry about your father, but what does that have to do with you having a sense of humour? Has it gone since he passed away? if it has then i'm very sorry.

if it hasn't then I'm completely flummoxed as to why you don't find the fact that a huge corporate entity is called Gaylord is funny

maybe I just have the sense of humour of a 6 year old

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.