Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

22 days and counting

22 days and counting

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

thephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nice
Default 22 days and counting

Only 22 days left before the big move and it is getting to be very stressful but
all my bills are paid and i feel better, we both even might have job's lined up when we get there so good news all round.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 22 days and counting

Woohoo!!! Not be long, and try not to stress, I'm sure it will all go smoothly
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Good luck

I found it most stressful when the final stuff was moved out/chucked! Once that was done it was a lot calmer. Loving it over here so far... only been here 11 days though
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

thephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brat1
Woohoo!!! Not be long, and try not to stress, I'm sure it will all go smoothly
thanks and i hope so to
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Good luck

I found it most stressful when the final stuff was moved out/chucked! Once that was done it was a lot calmer. Loving it over here so far... only been here 11 days though
i have chucked out 21 bin bags so far i had not realized how much crap i had accumulated over the years
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thephionex
i have chucked out 21 bin bags so far i had not realized how much crap i had accumulated over the years
Moving can be quite cathartic.

Ian
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Only 21 bags

We had 2 skips, lots of trips to the rubbish tip AND ended up getting someone to come and clear the remainder with a truck (took 2 loads!) including things that we couldn't fit into the 20ft container
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Only 21 bags

We had 2 skips, lots of trips to the rubbish tip AND ended up getting someone to come and clear the remainder with a truck (took 2 loads!) including things that we couldn't fit into the 20ft container
Now I don't feel so bad, after burying my head in despair at the sight of the loft and garage at the weekend.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

HotCoffee is on a distinguished road

Only 22 days left before the big move and it is getting to be very stressful but
all my bills are paid and i feel better, we both even might have job's lined up when we get there so good news all round.
Good luck with the move! Embrace and enjoy the new life experience!