Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The 1970's Front Room

Wikiposts

The 1970's Front Room

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:05 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 1970's Front Room

Originally Posted by britvic
I loved my Flamenco doll's, collection of them in by bedroom along with David Essex on my wall's.
Did you have a tartan scarf?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Our front room had a cream vinyl corner type settee with my brown crochet cushion cover's I made at school, Mum & Dad were trying to be a bit posh them day's with Constable's The Hay Wain above the fire place
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Did you have a tartan scarf?
Of course!!! Alan was my man "swoon, swoon"
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:40 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
She started doing Macrame and we had plants hanging from the ceiling in Macrame holders.
There was macrame everywhere here in the States too.... I still have some things different relatives made, but they're in boxes.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:42 pm
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by snowbunny
There was macrame everywhere here in the States too.... I still have some things different relatives made, but they're in boxes.
The relatives or the things?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:32 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You live in mississippi ...right?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:06 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

On the tv....
Attached Thumbnails The 1970's Front Room-math.jpg   The 1970's Front Room-manabout_2.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:09 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

You live in mississippi ...right?
Nah, Austin as in my info over there <-----

Mississippi? Oh, and sorry about your visit to the dust bunnies under your sofa last night. Hope you said hello to them for me.

Come to think of it, most of the rellies are in boxes, but some still live to strike again with a lovely gift made of woollen yarn.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:23 pm

Nah, Austin as in my info over there <-----

Mississippi? Oh, and sorry about your visit to the dust bunnies under your sofa last night. Hope you said hello to them for me.

Come to think of it, most of the rellies are in boxes, but some still live to strike again with a lovely gift made of woollen yarn.
Thats ok, took a picture of me last night

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:00 pm
Lapine Member

lol.... and that picture is hosted by a computer at my alma mater.

The day objects begin to fly out of the computer at me is the day I leave the Internet.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:03 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: The 1970's Front Room

Hey are you the guy that's been living in our Dumpster? It's awful 'round here in Houston, you hire a dumpster and five minutes after it arrives there's a guy living in it. One time I found a whole Mexican family who insisted they'd always been there and had letters from the DHS to prove it.

Course if you are really into 'dumpster diving' as it's known in the trade, you might want to check out this site:

http://www.dumpsterworld.com/

These are a bunch of strange guys who go around raking in dumpsters and then trade their finds on the internet. They even do Dumpster Diving Meet Ups - I wonder if you'd go there and find a bunch of hobos swigging wine from brown sacks. I know, I still can't believe it either...

I go there when I'm bored to make me realise my life isn't quite so bad because I haven't as yet been reduced to dumpster diving to get new stuff.

Last edited by ScotsmanInTexas; Jun 24th 2005 at 1:33 am.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by ScotsmanInTexas
Hey are you the guy that's been living in our Dumpster? It's awful 'round here in Houston, you hire a dumpster and five minutes after it arrives there's a guy living in it. One time I found a whole Mexican family who insisted they'd always been there and had letters from the DHS to prove it.

Course if you are really into 'dumpster diving' as it's known in the trade, you might want to check out this site:

http://www.dumpsterworld.com/

These are a bunch of strange guys who go around raking in dumpsters and then trade their finds on the internet. I know, I still can't believe it either...

I go there when I'm bored to make me realise my life isn't quite so bad because I haven't as yet been reduced to dumpster diving to get new stuff.

You have got to be kidding me! What a site I'm imagining all these people sitting at 1980's computers that they found in a dumpster, with shit stains all over them, , typing away in MS DOS...........oh no, hang on that's me
Old Jun 24th 2005, 1:29 am
This board is shite

You have got to be kidding me! What a site I'm imagining all these people sitting at 1980's computers that they found in a dumpster, with shit stains all over them, , typing away in MS DOS...........oh no, hang on that's me
It doesn't surprise me that today's dumpster diving hobos are computer literate actually. Most of them are probably Computer Graduates... I probably went to College with most of the hobos around here.

Hmmm if I don't a job soon, it's only a matter of time before I don my own set of dumpster diving flippers... :scared:

Last edited by ScotsmanInTexas; Jun 24th 2005 at 1:40 am.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Tencon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScotsmanInTexas
The Water Margin - with the very sexy lady doing the sword stuff.

Odd trivia thing about Monkey is that Tripitaka was actually played by a girl called Masako Natsume who was a Japanese nude model - she really was bald due to Kemotherapy
Not true! She wore a skull cap.
She married long after Monkey and developed Leukemia later on.
She THEN received chemotherapy.
( Note: "Chemical Therapy"="Chemotherapy") I haven't heard of a treatment involving something called "Kemo" maybe you can show me where it is? )
but died of Cancer in her twenties.
Yes, She was 27.
for more, try: http://www.monkeyheaven.com/masako.html
Good luck
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:23 am
Lapine Member

How odd to revive this.

Monkey Goes To Heaven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.