Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The 1970's Front Room

Wikiposts

The 1970's Front Room

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The 1970's Front Room

Found it!!! Though it doesn't look gaudy enough to be true vintage.
Attached Thumbnails The 1970's Front Room-door-curtain.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:01 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dant3
Was that an Athena print?
think it was
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:01 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

yeah baby! groovy
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:02 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

found it
Yep, that's the one!!! Haven't seen that one for years!

How about the 1970's novelty plastic ice bucket shaped exactly like a pineapple for some reason.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

OOh - yes - I had one of those on my larder doorway in a flat in Leeds.
Later to be replaced by a bead curtain which gave you bruises every time you went in for a jar of jam!

Bead curtains with Elvis on them -
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

For your viewing pleasure...Ziggy 12", one bottle of Campari, and an original velvet painting...
Attached Thumbnails The 1970's Front Room-ziggy.jpg   The 1970's Front Room-campari.jpg   The 1970's Front Room-velvet-painting.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Saving the best 'till last...
Attached Thumbnails The 1970's Front Room-medal.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:14 am

Saving the best 'till last...
lol Jimmy Saville....kind of reminds me of michael Jackson now
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Yes - strange fellow ! But he did do a lot of good at Leeds hospitals, and at Stoke Manderville too if I remeber correctly. Is he still around?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:19 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: The 1970's Front Room

Did you ever get your little fingers trapped in a Floor Standing Ashtray :scared: or get told off for pressing the button, some others had a knob that you lifted, too many times make it make it's noise?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum came over last week and we were talking and laughing about the 70's. My Nan and Grandad had the mysterious chinese lady picture in their best room above the fire place.

My mum made lamps out of bottles covered with shells. We had a lamp that was a Black Tower wine bottle with a shade on it. She started doing Macrame and we had plants hanging from the ceiling in Macrame holders. We had a black leatherette suite with orange cushions with the customary cigarette burn in the arm, caused by the cig falling off the 2 foot high swivel ashtray. We had 2 glass fish, 2 glass handkerchief bowls, 2 brown glass decanters but my Mum's pride and joy were here Capo di Monte flowers and figurines.

I could go on and on but will stop there.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

classic paint by numbers

THAT brings back memories-my grandmother who was paralalyzed on one side did those by the score. She did one of some horses that my dad (she was HIS mother) framed and put over the mantle.

Nobody's mentioned lava lamps yet?
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

I used to work at the bar of a restaurant on Scarborough seafront. Jimmy Saville would always come in on a Saturday night in his shell suit, smoking a cigar, accompanied by an extremely effeminate little queen in matching attire. They'd sit and reminisce about Top of the Pops and how they had nothing to look forward to now except the Discovery Channel. Everyone thought they were a couple, until Jimmy started grabbing the arse of a regular customer's 13 year old daughter. Very odd. Very dodgy.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mandpete
My Mum came over last week and we were talking and laughing about the 70's. My Nan and Grandad had the mysterious chinese lady picture in their best room above the fire place.

My mum made lamps out of bottles covered with shells. We had a lamp that was a Black Tower wine bottle with a shade on it. She started doing Macrame and we had plants hanging from the ceiling in Macrame holders. We had a black leatherette suite with orange cushions with the customary cigarette burn in the arm, caused by the cig falling off the 2 foot high swivel ashtray. We had 2 glass fish, 2 glass handkerchief bowls, 2 brown glass decanters but my Mum's pride and joy were here Capo di Monte flowers and figurines.

I could go on and on but will stop there.

Capo di Monte ! Wow - you were POSH!!! LOL!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Capo di Monte ! Wow - you were POSH!!! LOL!

lmao, Capo di monte, my mum always raved about finding some at the market

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.