Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

*whinge* I'm not well

*whinge* I'm not well

Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:07 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scorchio
Thanks for the suggestions, folks. I'll have a look for some of those tonight.

Long term, though, maybe I should invest in one of these!
ROTFL! Why the Darth Vader mask, does someone there smell?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I'm allergic to most cold remedies so I make sure I boost up on vit C during the winter. Didnt stop me getting the flu this year though

I fell on ice today and popped a rib so apologies to Manc for that Sunday email .. I wont be getting my nice new Hyundai for a few more weeks

Jan ... keep on smiling .. keep on smiling .. and the whole world smiles with youuuuu ... keep on laughing ......... lalallaaa
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:48 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of
Default Re: *whinge* I'm not well

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Some helpful comments posted here. It's always good to wash your hands as soon as you can after getting to work, after touching door handles, a coworker's hand, etc.

It's not being paranoid.
I beg to differ

Hopefully, when somebody sneezes, they put one hand up to their mouth. That hand then has germs that can be spread when the hand comes into contact with anything like your hand, a communal door handles, etc.

I think you get the picture.
True, all the preschools here teach the children and staff alike to cough/sneeze into their elbow for just this reason. Looks and feels stupid to start with, but then you realise that almost everyone in the city does it as a habit learned from their children. Still feels like the height of paranoia, though, especially when you do it back in the UK

Neither my spouse nor I got the flu this year despite it doing the rounds, not once, but twice in my department (at least 30 people).
Us neither -me, hubby and 3 children at 2 different schools.

I put this down to eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and consuming lots of vitamin C (in the form of juice and good old fruits and veggies) plus consuming ginger at the first sign of a cold. Sugar coated dried ginger slices/pieces and ginger tea can be bought in Chinese and other oriental grocery stores and even some regular grocery stores.
I put it down to us being the filthiest pigs on the planet and thus building up a healthy immunity.

So, I've had no sick days this winter! Hooray!!
Ditto. Boo-hoo. I like staying in bed.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poor you!

Nyquil,absolutely fabulous!,day and night types........got rid of my colds etc.,just about after the first sign....can't take them any more (stents in the heart!.nothing to do with the NyQuil!),so just tried Robitussin CF,great for the stuffy nose,I'm sure if I'd known about it at the first sign of my flu it wouldn't have hit so hard!..still,I know in future!.....same as all others take lots of vitamin C and wash hands like it's going out of fashion!!!(you never know who's been touching something before you,or where their hands have been!!!!!!)......Sophia
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:04 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jan_michigan
I'm allergic to most cold remedies so I make sure I boost up on vit C during the winter. Didnt stop me getting the flu this year though

I fell on ice today and popped a rib so apologies to Manc for that Sunday email .. I wont be getting my nice new Hyundai for a few more weeks

Jan ... keep on smiling .. keep on smiling .. and the whole world smiles with youuuuu ... keep on laughing ......... lalallaaa
Did you break a rib, or just bruise it? Ouch, slipping on ice is nasty. I hope you feel better soon.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

no broken ribs ...the doc said I'd probably 'popped' a rib ... unsure at what he means by that, I've got a lovely bruise caused by damn underwire in bra

Meanwhile ... no housework or other strenuous activity ..by order of doc .. hehe every cloud has a silver lining

Jan