Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

** The Official USA job and career thread**

** The Official USA job and career thread**

Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** The Official USA job and career thread**

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just got my new hire paperwork via UPS. I have to fill in medical history and fax it, arbitration agreement and mail it and go for a drugs test in the next 48 hours ( Monday)
sounds like a lot of fun
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

lifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant futurelifeisgreat has a brilliant future

Hi Lionheart,

Just wanted to say congratulations. That's terrific news!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:54 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lifeisgreat
Hi Lionheart,

Just wanted to say congratulations. That's terrific news!
Thanks karma sent
Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:15 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my new hire paperwork via UPS. I have to fill in medical history and fax it, arbitration agreement and mail it and go for a drugs test in the next 48 hours ( Monday)

Drug test on Monday? That's a bummer. No for you over the weekend then!

But good to hear it's all going through!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:31 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Drug test on Monday? That's a bummer. No for you over the weekend then!

But good to hear it's all going through!
I don't think they would worry about booze, more looking for cocaine and weed etc.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:16 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they would worry about booze, more looking for cocaine and weed etc.

But remember you're in God's own country - they're anal about
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's amusing where the missus works and the whole drug test thing, loads of folks that work there are on something, but they only pull the "random" drug test, which isnt' random, as an excuse to sack people...it's all so dodgy *l*
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:19 pm
Banned

Bloody Hell this is dragging on. Just heard from my friends wife that the company I am supposed to be starting with and I gave personal references to 3 weeks ago only got around to calling my references................... of course my friend that I gave as a reference just left to go and work on a movie in Tokyo for a month on Sunday
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bloody Hell this is dragging on. Just heard from my friends wife that the company I am supposed to be starting with and I gave personal references to 3 weeks ago only got around to calling my references................... of course my friend that I gave as a reference just left to go and work on a movie in Tokyo for a month on Sunday
that's a bit of a mare ain't it...
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
that's a bit of a mare ain't it...
His wife is going to call the company and get an e-mail address so he can e-mail them from Tokyo, failing that they will have to come back to me for another reference I suppose. I did provide 3 references so maybe they will not need his, or e-mail will suffice???
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:15 am
Banned

I've just come home and found a set of new "revised" arbitration agreements from the company I am supposed to start with any year now?!?! The revision is the same arbitration I already mailed a week ago. Except that the revision states that the signing on bonus I will receive is subject to being refunded by me if I quit before my second anniversary.
It further asks me to mail the signed agreement in the enclosed envelope............. which is in fact NOT enclosed.
Corporate America at work at it's finest

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 4th 2005 at 12:24 am.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:18 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I've just come home and found a set of new "revised" arbitration agreements from the company I am supposed to start with any year now?!?! The revision is the same arbitration except that it states that the signing on bonus I will receive is subject to being refunded by me if I quit before my second anniversary.
It further asks me to mail the signed agreement in the enclosed envelope............. which is in fact NOT enclosed.
Corporate America at work at it's finest
Then don't return it and trouser the bonu when you leave after 6 months
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Then don't return it and trouser the bonu when you leave after 6 months
Starting is contigent upon signing and returning the papers

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 4th 2005 at 1:50 am.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:58 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

thats one thing i have noticed over here - US companies do check references more than back in UK, i suppose it comes down to trust (or lack of)

Ant
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:37 pm
Banned

Received an e-mail this morning stating the background checks are nearly complete and to fax more information(documents) to corporate HQ. I am really getting irritated now

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 8th 2005 at 10:40 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.