Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

** The Official USA job and career thread**

** The Official USA job and career thread**

Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:40 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** The Official USA job and career thread**

Originally Posted by Elvira
Have a on me. Glad to hear it worked out at long last!
Well you'll need to send me some $$ then. Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:54 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say ... 13 days after being able to look for employment ( had to wait for the green card and ssn) and 67 days after coming to the USA ..... I got a job.... it was the first one I had applied for... the company wasn't even hiring, I just pitched up on their doorstep and submitted my resume .... The very next day I was interviewed and offered a job

Start this coming Monday .....
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:57 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Just to say ... 13 days after being able to look for employment ( had to wait for the green card and ssn) and 67 days after coming to the USA ..... I got a job.... it was the first one I had applied for... the company wasn't even hiring, I just pitched up on their doorstep and submitted my resume .... The very next day I was interviewed and offered a job Start this coming Monday .....
Well done that man ... don't eat too many fries though ..they ruin your dinner..
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:15 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Well done that man ... don't eat too many fries though ..they ruin your dinner..

I think not ... Although I was informed that the last Thursday of the month is cookout ... extra long dinner and the boss brings the ribeyes
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:50 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to *bump* this thread back up.
New year and new jobs and all that...

Plus I wanted to add the (job search) link below:

http://www.simplyhired.com/

Best description: If Google did job searches.
(Wouldn't be surprised if they bought them out actually, this is right down their street)

On the front page you can enter in a search term (eg: "admin", or "registered nurse") and then enter either your zip code or your city.
It searches ALL the big job listing websites and produces the results and it offers a load of options (save, email, research, etc...)
You can save search results, set up a job alert or grab an RSS feed.

I don't work for this website, although I wish I could.
Very recommended.

Webbs.