work??

Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work??

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Is this the same wife that hates this country, is not adjusting at all, and is leaving you to go back home?

This is the wife that now has a great job, adjusting better, and is doing better with the people here. She is not leaving. She just had a very difficult time these last few months and now things are getting better. We both had a difficult time for awhile but things are settling down here. A woman like her who was accustomed to her independence back home was very tired of not feeling like she was very useful here. Things are much better.

As for you, I have read many of your posts and replys over the last several months. After reading some of the vulger language use so often use and the way you express yourself, i have come to the conclusion that you may have some issues of your own. So dont be so hasty to judge others. I can only hope that your better half can adjust as well.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wesleygolf
After reading some of the vulger language use so often use and the way you express yourself, i have come to the conclusion that you may have some issues of your own.

If I were a man would you make that remark? Is it's because I'm a woman that you think you have license to comment on my "language"?

Let me tell you something shit-for-brains... I may curse like a sailor, but at least I don't lie and change my story every other week.

I also don't sit on this forum and suggest to other posters that breaking the law is a "good thing" which is exactly what you are doing in this thread.

Immigrant spouses cannot "legally" work until they have their EAD. Period.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

This is the wife that now has a great job, adjusting better, and is doing better with the people here. She is not leaving. She just had a very difficult time these last few months and now things are getting better. We both had a difficult time for awhile but things are settling down here. A woman like her who was accustomed to her independence back home was very tired of not feeling like she was very useful here. Things are much better.
As for you, I have read many of your posts and replys over the last several months. After reading some of the vulger language use so often use and the way you express yourself, i have come to the conclusion that you may have some issues of your own. So dont be so hasty to judge others. I can only hope that your better half can adjust as well.
WOW ..that was quick.. on the 8th Aug ...it was

"Its really sad when things dont work out but as we all know sometimes it happens. My now wife (former K1 Fiancee) just cant adjust to this culture and way of life. We have a very nice home, all of my family close by"

But what do you expect from the man who said in May

"To be very honest, most of the information, with the exception of a few was completely in contradiction of what i needed to do. therefore i like to poke a little fun from time to time. My wife and i with her daughter have a beautiful home here and are very happy"

Basically a goddam non stop liar...
Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Let me tell you something shit-for-brains... I may curse like a sailor, but at least I don't lie and change my story every other week.
WooHoo! Go Leslie! This guy is nothing more than a weak-minded enabler who's encouraging his wife to work illegally just to raise her self-esteem. I sure hope it gets him laid more often - at least then the $1k fines may be worth it!

Ian
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
WooHoo! Go Leslie! This guy is nothing more than a weak-minded enabler who's encouraging his wife to work illegally just to raise her self-esteem. I sure hope it gets him laid more often - at least then the $1k fines may be worth it!

Ian

Well, those type of remarks are about what I expected from you three. You know which three I am talking about. Hillbilly rednecks and foul mouth trash hang together which is to be expected. You guys dont have a clue about this site or much of anything else as far as i can see. Why dont you go back to school, read a book, or for god sake do more research on your topics of discussion when you reply to someone with a so called opinion or fact. And why dont you take a few bucks and take some personality classes. It's been fun (sometimes) but I must bid you all a not so fond farewell. I wish you luck because you are really going to need it.

P.S. Post all the replies you want. I will never read them. This ride is over for me.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:20 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well, those type of remarks are about what I expected from you three. You know which three I am talking about. Hillbilly rednecks and foul mouth trash hang together which is to be expected. You guys dont have a clue about this site or much of anything else as far as i can see. Why dont you go back to school, read a book, or for god sake do more research on your topics of discussion when you reply to someone with a so called opinion or fact. And why dont you take a few bucks and take some personality classes. It's been fun (sometimes) but I must bid you all a not so fond farewell. I wish you luck because you are really going to need it.

P.S. Post all the replies you want. I will never read them. This ride is over for me.
I just want to clarify, which is the hillbilly redneck which is the foulmouth trash? And if I cross them, can I get a foulmouth redneck? I've always wanted one of those.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:40 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!!!

BTW, Wes, no one said that your wife was not working -- quite the contrary, they reaffirmed that she IS working. Because after all, you can't accuse someone of working ILLEGALLY and ALSO say they're not working at all.

I'm curious -- doesn't your wife's SS card say "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION"?? Because she obviously doesn't have her EAD (as you've confirmed), so it should. Which means if she doesn't have her EAD, then it's illegal for her to use her SSN for work purposes. If it doesn't say that, then she got a lucky break, didn't she?

Just because your wife's employer is ignorant of the law doesn't mean your wife isn't breaking it. YOU and SHE know that she's not supposed to work without an EAD. The fact that they employed her anyway doesn't change that fact. If you and your wife had any integrity, she would've told the employer, "Thanks for the job offer -- I need to wait for my EAD, but will you hold the job for me until then? Because I don't want either one of us to get in trouble."

Also, I find it funny that you're stating that working without an EAD is not illegal, since you yourself asked not two months ago if it was legal for your wife to work without an EAD? (And you were told that it is NOT.)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...27#post1490727

You're pathetic.

~ Jenney
Old Aug 15th 2004, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Hillbilly rednecks and foul mouth trash hang together which is to be expected.
I guess you think I'm the hillbilly redneck because I live in Kentucky. That's really a sad, pathetic stereotype - especially since I'm a former K-1 immigrant who when through the system as your wife is now doing. The difference, though, is that I went through the system legally!

You guys dont have a clue about this site or much of anything else as far as i can see.
Boy are you wrong!

And why dont you take a few bucks and take some personality classes.
My wife has commented, on occasion, that I have an abrasive personality. Perhaps that's because I call a spade a spade and don't try to shade my language in anything that could resemble being "politically correct". At least you'll know where I stand on a topic. Your wife is working illegally and you are an enabler. I will judge because it makes me sick that people like you and your wife try to beat the system for the sake of "feeling good".

Post all the replies you want. I will never read them. This ride is over for me.
Of course you'll read the replies. You may not continue to post - and give the illusion that you're no longer here - but someone like you will always return to read what others say about them. You can't help it... it's like an addiction. It's the same personality disorder, by the way, that makes you an enabler.

Ian
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I just want to clarify, which is the hillbilly redneck which is the foulmouth trash? And if I cross them, can I get a foulmouth redneck? I've always wanted one of those.

All I can say to the lying sack-of-shit aka Wesleygolf........

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! See ya next week when you think nobody will notice your new and improved stories of miraculous personal acrobatics.

Yours Truly,
The foulnecked redmouth from Texas.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:52 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I guess you think I'm the hillbilly redneck because I live in Kentucky.

<snip>
Ian
I, Leslie66 aka the foulmouthed trash, am willing to testify in a court of law that there has never, ever, and I mean never, in the history of the South, been a hillbilly named Ian.

Therefore you are absolved of all charges of hillbillyfied redneckedness heretofor brought forth by the aforementioned Wesleygolf aka the douche-bag.

I rest my case.

Last edited by Leslie; Aug 15th 2004 at 3:57 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:16 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I think technically the Temp EAD is the one you can apply for after 91 days waiting for the EAD.

I suppose you could come in through JFK, get the work authorisation stamp, get married immediately, file papers immediately and then only have a week or so gap in work authoriisation.

But then do not most employers also want your SSN?, which takes a month or so.
JFK hasn't issued work authorization stamps to K visa holders for years. They direct the applicant to the USCIS office responsible for their case.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg14624
JFK hasn't issued work authorization stamps to K visa holders for years. They direct the applicant to the USCIS office responsible for their case.
OK I went through DIA so I have no personal experiance.

BUT I have seen loads of postings over the last few months from different sources here and especially on visajourney who did get one at JFK. I believe that they stamp the back of your I94.

If they are all telling porkys it is one hell of a conspiracy.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:27 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
OK I went through DIA so I have no personal experiance.

BUT I have seen loads of postings over the last few months from different sources here and especially on visajourney who did get one at JFK. I believe that they stamp the back of your I94.

If they are all telling porkys it is one hell of a conspiracy.
I'll check on it. I know they used to, and then stopped. They weren't doing it in the fall of 2002.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
I'll check on it. I know they used to, and then stopped. They weren't doing it in the fall of 2002.
According to mcjimbo he got his in june at JFK
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:58 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by ray6
According to mcjimbo he got his in june at JFK
I think Noorah101's fiance did as well...not too long ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.