Withdrawing H1B Visa application

Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

cmreddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Withdrawing H1B Visa application

Hi All,

i have applied for H1B visa on 30th Nov in American consulate - Frankfurt, Germany. It went into Admin process with no end in sight. I have a valid L1B visa and I flew in from US to Germany to attend some company meetings and got struck here.

My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby on 7th Jan 2010. It is really frustrating to get struck here and not be able to help my wife back home. I tried explaining this several times to the embassy officials but looks like they are helpless too once the Admin process is initiated.

My attorneys suggest that i can withdraw my H1B Visa application and travel back to States with the still valid L1. Do you foresee and problems at the port of entry to USA? Has anyone got any experience with this? Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you.
Cm..
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Withdrawing H1B Visa application

Originally Posted by cmreddy
I tried explaining this several times to the embassy officials but looks like they are helpless too once the Admin process is initiated.
Sadly, this is true. Once your application goes to administrative processing there is nothing you can do to speed it up or even find out what's happening. All you can do is wait until it clears.

My attorneys suggest that i can withdraw my H1B Visa application and travel back to States with the still valid L1. Do you foresee and problems at the port of entry to USA?
IF your L-1 visa is still valid, you can travel to the US using that visa. I don't think you need to withdraw your H-1B application.

Ian
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Thankx Ian.. I will keep this in mind and ask my attorneys to get a confirmation from the consulate officials.. I am kind of "Once bitten, twice shy"..

For all the prudence, i am exercising now, i should have done this before flying out and should have asked the embassy officials, how much time do they take to issue me a visa..

Infact it will be great to get feedback from other members who have done this and successfully re-entered US..
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmreddy
I will keep this in mind and ask my attorneys to get a confirmation from the consulate officials.. I am kind of "Once bitten, twice shy"..
Fair enough... but many people have a valid visa and apply for a different visa. Applying for a 2nd visa doesn't invalidate the first visa.

Ian
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know why you went into AP/AR, it is not that common.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Do you know why you went into AP/AR, it is not that common.
I am new to this abbreviations.. What is AP/AR?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Oh got it.. I am not sure either,, I wasnt asked anything during the interview except for what my role is and how long i have been working for the company.. I told him, 9 yrs out of wihch 2.5 yrs in States.

And then he murmured something, which i didnt pay much attention.. My biggest mistake is, that i didnt ask the VO when they are dispatching my passport.

Next thing i know in a week, it went into Admin processing..