Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

WILL MY BROTHER BE ALLOWED TO TRANSIT THROUGH THE US??

WILL MY BROTHER BE ALLOWED TO TRANSIT THROUGH THE US??

Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Allinall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WILL MY BROTHER BE ALLOWED TO TRANSIT THROUGH THE US??

Hello everyone.

I live in Toronto Canada, my brother is from Ecuador and has 5 year visitor Visa valid until this comming august 8th.

His visa to Canada is fine

We didnt realize his visa to the US was close to the expiry date and we bought the tickets for him to visit me from Aug 1st untill Aug 17th. The problem is that he has to change planes in the Atlanta airport, so the visa covers him for his flight comming to Canada but it'll expire before he goes back to Ecuador. We tried getting another visa but the earliest appointment is for September. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WILL MY BROTHER BE ALLOWED TO TRANSIT THROUGH THE US??

Originally Posted by Allinall
We didnt realize his visa to the US was close to the expiry date and we bought the tickets for him to visit me from Aug 1st untill Aug 17th.
He may not be allowed to board the plane in Toronto.

We tried getting another visa but the earliest appointment is for September
Where? Toronto? Ecuador? You may want to see if the return plane ticket can be changed until this is sorted out.

Ian
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Allinall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
He may not be allowed to board the plane in Toronto.

What if he doesnt give them the I-94 when leaving the US? Do you think they'll let him in with a valid I-94?

Where? Toronto? Ecuador? You may want to see if the return plane ticket can be changed until this is sorted out.

Ian
Ecuador.... It is impossible to get an appointment in Toronto unless you are in front of a computer the whole day
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What if he doesnt give them the I-94 when leaving the US? Do you think they'll let him in with a valid I-94?
No idea! Why not trot down to Pearson and ask - since it's all going to happen there... both his clearing US immigration and getting on a US bound plane. Good luck.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:04 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone.

I live in Toronto Canada, my brother is from Ecuador and has 5 year visitor Visa valid until this comming august 8th.

His visa to Canada is fine

We didnt realize his visa to the US was close to the expiry date and we bought the tickets for him to visit me from Aug 1st untill Aug 17th. The problem is that he has to change planes in the Atlanta airport, so the visa covers him for his flight comming to Canada but it'll expire before he goes back to Ecuador. We tried getting another visa but the earliest appointment is for September. Any suggestions/comments are appreciated
Hi:

Change the flight back to connect through Mexico City or Caracas.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Change the flight back to connect through Mexico City or Caracas.
Because he will not be allowed to transit through the US w/o a valid visa.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by californian
Because he will not be allowed to transit through the US w/o a valid visa.
Precisely.