Will I get in?

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

mrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to all
Default Re: Will I get in?

Originally Posted by augigi
A lot of people seem to think having a B visa in hand gives them more right of entry than the VWP.
I wouldn't say that but for me looking at it, the Embassey spends more time reviewing you and your documents so their voice is effectivly louder than theirs. Thats why I am worried, I know I am not applying for a B2 but I am trying to gain entry. We'll see.

EVERYONE HERE WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW IF I DO AND WHAT HAPPENED!

THANK YOU EVERYONE ON YOUR ADVICE AND HELP. I AM LEAVING MARCH 15TH SO PLEASE, FINGERS CROSSED
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:59 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You will have no problem whatsover entering the United States IF the CBP inspector at the Port of Entry admits you. If not, then you go home on the next flight, no harm, no foul except being out the plane fare.
What happens if the next flight isn't for a couple of days? Where does he go then? I wouldn't call a night or two in a detention center no harm/no foul.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:06 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
A lot of people seem to think having a B visa in hand gives them more right of entry than the VWP.
A visa does give someone more rights than the VWP because signing the VWP form waives a lot of rights. For example, if you were to seek entry under the VWP and they accused you of having a criminal record that you didn't have, they can still just remove you from the US. If you had a visa, you could go before an immigration judge and be allowed the opportunity to prove that the record wasn't yours.

Also, you have more rights once admitted to the US. If you entered under VWP and they decide to remove you, they can just lock you up, and order you removed with a 10 year bar without any review of their decision. If you had entered with a visa, you would usually be entitled to a hearing and most likely could post bond.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
What happens if the next flight isn't for a couple of days? Where does he go then? I wouldn't call a night or two in a detention center no harm/no foul.
there is always a flight! Not necessarily with the carier u came on!!! The planes coming in are the ones going straight back out again! So no worries there about staying in secondary for days on end.

A wierd observation tho, I have seen more and more being denied entry on the planes going back the past couple of months.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen posts from those stuck overnight, unsual for it to be days on end.

Last time I flew, we could not land due to weather and got sent back to Denver, took us 2 days to get another flight, Holiday season, all booked.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have seen posts from those stuck overnight, unsual for it to be days on end.

Last time I flew, we could not land due to weather and got sent back to Denver, took us 2 days to get another flight, Holiday season, all booked.
Just wondered if your visa denial is stamped in your passport? I had a friend who applied for F1 visa after being in the US for 2 yrs on some other type of visa and they didn't give him F1 but didn't stamp his passport. They told him (and gave him a letter) if he brings more evidence of ties with the UK they will look at it again. He didn't have a problem getting back to the US on WV for holiday this Christmas. But he didn't say his visa was refused as he said someone told him that his visa was not refused since his passport was not stamped. I AM NOT SURE THAT IS CORRECT.

Another thing is, he went from Dublin as Dblin has POE so if they refuse him at least he didn't have to fly back.

I hope this helps somewhat.

I wish I was in the US as tired of being in Spain.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They scan you passport, never had an Immigration Officer check for stamps.

Sounds like he was refused.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:14 pm
crg
American Expat

I think he's talking about the consular officer placing the "application received" stamp in the passport. I believe they stopped doing that a couple years ago.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boiler
They scan you passport, never had an Immigration Officer check for stamps.

Sounds like he was refused.
I just rang him as I think this is important for people who were refused visa in the past and he told me that he said "no" when completing the form for VW as someone adviced him that this is what he should do. In his letter from the Embassy it says something along the lines "we can't give you F1 visa at this time as not enough ties with the UK, but if you bring more evidence we will look at it again but can't promise anything" or something like that. But he had no problem entering US on VW for 3 months hols.

Thinking about it, "not enough ties..." He had a child studying in the UK and the wife also who was working at the time. he was just on 1 yr transfer in the USA and decided he wants to do a masters but left US when his L1a was not renewed. Not enough ties? What more did they want? Strange.

Oh yes, they said he was long enough in the US (just over a yr!!!!) to establish ties with the US, so he couldn't reenter probably this soon after leaving. Very complicated to get into USA I know.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:54 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by Deedee13
there is always a flight! Not necessarily with the carier u came on!!! The planes coming in are the ones going straight back out again! So no worries there about staying in secondary for days on end.

A wierd observation tho, I have seen more and more being denied entry on the planes going back the past couple of months.
I remember a person who arrived on a Wed and the next flight back wasn't until Saturday.