Will I get in?

Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

mrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to all
Default Will I get in?

I am going to Boston, Chicago & Los Angeles on March 15th with my Mum for 9 days, I am then going to stay with friends for 4 weeks in Los Angeles before returning back to England. Our flights are booked.

However, I recently applied for a B1/B2 visa and was denied it due to a lack of commitment to the UK. Now I am worried because I have to check yes on the waiver they won't let me in.

I was on a J1 from May 06-07 and have been back on 2 VWP the last half of 07.

Thanks

Symon
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I get in?

Probably not.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a J1 from May 06-07 and have been back on 2 VWP the last half of 07.
Why apply for the B-2 ??
how long were your 2 stay on the VW??
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to all

Do you have anything to show proving ties to the UK? Letter from an employer, rent/mortgage statement, college start date? It's likely that when you try to enter the US you'll be asked for evidence that you're going to leave. If you don't have anything, it may be touch and go.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

mrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to allmrburgess187 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Probably not.
thanks
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Why apply for the B-2 ??
how long were your 2 stay on the VW??
I applied for it because I went and came back to the U.S within 2 weeks back in September and Immigrattion advised me to apply for one, she said your british and you'll have no problem getting one and it'll make it easier for you. i was on the vwp for 10 weeks and 12 weeks, returned dec 17th and leave march 15th
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrburgess187
I applied for it because I went and came back to the U.S within 2 weeks back in September and Immigrattion advised me to apply for one, she said your british and you'll have no problem getting one and it'll make it easier for you. i was on the vwp for 10 weeks and 12 weeks, returned dec 17th and leave march 15th
OOh.... pushing the limits a bit ....
Hardly normal tourist use .....

Is it a women or a job ...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:14 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
You have red flags all over the place.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lilyella
Do you have anything to show proving ties to the UK? Letter from an employer, rent/mortgage statement, college start date? It's likely that when you try to enter the US you'll be asked for evidence that you're going to leave. If you don't have anything, it may be touch and go.
I can get a letter from my employer. not going to college, did that a few years back. have no house although looking to buy. I have debts uptp 17k, I also have investments in the UK too. I have a car, car insurance.

I don't know what to show? Debt could be good or bad. hey ive 17k, i am running to the usa so i don't have to pay it OR i have 17k of bebt tieing me to the uk?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray

neither. I told them what i was doing, i did some travelling then partying and researching ideas for a business to start in the uk.

I am now writing a tv show aimed at students. That was the idea I had when over there.

I lived on credit cards (which I have proof of). I would never work, its illegal. I just had a lot of fun!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray

there were a few woman though...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:18 pm
Ray

neither. I told them what i was doing, i did some travelling then partying and researching ideas for a business to start in the uk.

I am now writing a tv show aimed at students. That was the idea I had when over there.

I lived on credit cards (which I have proof of). I would never work, its illegal. I just had a lot of fun!
Good luck to you ...you may be lucky
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to all

I would take evidence of all you've got except the debt stuff, I don't know that it would help and as you say, it might hurt! But proof of a job, a car and investments in the UK will all help, although there are of course no guarantees...and don't show anything unless you're asked.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:21 pm
Septicity

You're certainly in for a trip to secondary. You should plan what you're going to do when they say no. Because it's more than a possibility.

Last edited by fatbrit; Mar 4th 2008 at 7:25 pm. Reason: missing l
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Good luck to you ...you may be lucky
Have you heard about a lot of people being denied on here Ray? Any advice from yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.