When should we contact USCIS??

Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:14 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When should we contact USCIS??

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I'm not sure if Mark will actually go to the Infopass appointment but at least we've got one scheduled.

~ Jenney

Well, no big surprise -- Mark didn't go to his Infopass appointment today. But I don't think it would've done any good anyway.

I just checked Norfolk's N-400 processing dates. A month ago they were working on N-400s with April 6, 2008 priority dates. Now, a month later, they're working on N-400s with priority dates of.....................January 22, 2007.

Yes, that's 2007, not 2008.

That means Norfolk's N-400 processing times went a full 440 days BACKWARDS.

My reaction: > > > > > :curse:

BE member LadyKat had PM'ed me about a recent announcement regarding N-400 processing times across the board, and it was frustrating to see that Norfolk had the LONGEST processing time of ALL the district offices in the entire country. However, since Mark applied well before the fee hike -- more than 4 MONTHS before -- I honestly didn't think this would apply to him. But now it does -- or does it??

I'm so confused and really tired of trying to figure out whether his application has fallen into this cursed black hole or if he just made the cut and we'll find out any day. We leave for the UK in one week -- I was hoping this would've been resolved by now, but my confidence is rapidly evaporating.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:59 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Well, no big surprise -- Mark didn't go to his Infopass appointment today. But I don't think it would've done any good anyway.

~ Jenney
At least one thing to cross off your worry list........even if the interview letter came the day you left on the trip, in all liklihood you wouldn't have to worry about missing the interview because of being gone, unless, of course you're planning to spend the whole summer there.

And, you also don't have to deal with the issue of not having a US passport for travel.

So, I guess all that is left to worry about is what is actually happening with it, if anything or if it's still sitting on somebody's desk.

I can't remember if you have enlisted the help of your representatives.............

We haven't heard anything yet either. Chicago is listing 8.6 months to process, we'll be at the five month mark next week. Looks like his chance of voting in the election is dwindling.

Chin up, girl.

~SecretGarden
Old May 29th 2008, 12:21 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, well we still haven't heard anything -- 1 year, 2 months and 2 days since his priority date. I went to try to set up an Infopass appointment for him, and I got the following error message:

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

What? No information appointments available, AT ALL?? Not even next month, or the month after that?? How is that possible!??!

~ Jenney
Old May 29th 2008, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, well we still haven't heard anything -- 1 year, 2 months and 2 days since his priority date. ~ Jenney
I didn't realize your DO was working on naturalization applicants filed 1 year, 2 months and 2 days after Mark's.

Sorry to hear that. Forget about the Infopass appointment and instead contact your political rep.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, well we still haven't heard anything -- 1 year, 2 months and 2 days since his priority date. I went to try to set up an Infopass appointment for him, and I got the following error message:

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

What? No information appointments available, AT ALL?? Not even next month, or the month after that?? How is that possible!??!

~ Jenney
They only book so far in advance ....probably 14 days ...
try every day ...one days it will have plenty
Old May 29th 2008, 1:05 pm
I'm back!

Originally Posted by Rete
I didn't realize your DO was working on naturalization applicants filed 1 year, 2 months and 2 days after Mark's.
That's the annoying thing. Mark filed in March 2007. I know of at least one person (Jerry-44) on BE who applied for naturalization via Norfolk in October 2007 and he had his interview and same-day oath ceremony just last week.

In April, the case status online said they were working on N400s with priority dates of April 6, 2007, which again is after Mark's priority date (March 27, 2007). Then soon after that, they pushed the processing date back to January 2007. So we can't even say that it's been 30 days past his priority date anymore, because they keep changing it!

And I just realized that Mark's fingerprints, taken just over a year ago, are probably expired now, right? Which means he'll have to do it again, which will delay things even further...

Sorry to hear that. Forget about the Infopass appointment and instead contact your political rep.
I think you're right. I just wish our rep was someone who I felt would really give a crap. The last time we reached out to him for assistance, way back in 2002 when we were going through our I-129F petition, he didn't help at all. The only thing he did was put my name on his mailing list and started sending me political junk mail. I had to email his office and explain that by requesting his help, as one of his constituents, I had not given his office permission to mail me propaganda. Ridiculous.

~ Jenney
Old May 29th 2008, 2:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry-44 is only filed 7 months after Mark. Sounds like Mark is hung up in the snafu caused by the mass filings in July of 2007.

You have more than one political rep. Try a different one and this is a different type of petition --- an ultimate one that allows one to vote. It might well do the trick.
Old May 29th 2008, 3:00 pm
I'm back!

Originally Posted by Rete
Jerry-44 is only filed 7 months after Mark. Sounds like Mark is hung up in the snafu caused by the mass filings in July of 2007.
It must be some kind of snafu, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the mass filings last summer. Jerry filed 3 months AFTER the fees went up -- and he completed the entire process in just 7 months. Mark applied 4 months BEFORE the fees went up, and yet here we are, 14 months later, still waiting. My guess is that Mark either has a name-check hang-up or, even worse, something has happened with his file (misplaced, etc).

~ Jenney
Old May 29th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm following your case with sympathy and can't help but feel that you've slipped through the system in some way - lost file or something. As others have said (and my personal experience bears this out), the dates can't be relied on on the USCIS site. At my Boston, MA office it's stating June 2007 for N400 processing but I filed in November (see my recent posting) and have an interview in July.
I would say keep trying for that infopass appointment.
It's like a bad 'plane journey. When it's over you'll forget about it, but it's hell when you're going through it. Good luck for a speedy resolution.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Jenney, others have reported better success with appointments when trying to book them later in the evening.. 9 or 10pm. Cancelled appointments are allegedly dumped back into the system then.

As for your reps, filling out a privacy release form and asking for a specific action might get a better result.
Old May 30th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

~ Jenney
Just out of interest, I looked up my local office for an Infopass appointment and surprise, surprise, the same message up on there. I guarantee you Charleston, SC is not a busy office. The last few times I've been there, rarely are there more than 6 people waiting. One time before, that message remained up there for a whole month. I smell a computer/website glitch