When should we contact USCIS??

Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:39 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When should we contact USCIS??

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh sure, where've YOU been?! (check your karma).

The letters & numbers are getting too small on this website... :curse:

Not much to say lately I guess. We filed Mr. P's N-400 in November and kind of expected to have an interview notice by now, but nothing yet. Oh well, it's just the Presidential election that is an issue for him at this point I guess.

And did you mean "check your Karma"? Or "got your Karma"? Because I haven't gotten anything recently from you............are you gooped up on gop? LOL

Good luck to Jenney.....I know how maddening this whole waiting this can be. It's not like you even CARE anymore when something is going to happen; you just want to know that something didn't get screwed up.

Almost done, Jenney........tick tock tick tock.........

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The DEMS are demanding action ....

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...197835&start=7
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:59 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Good luck to Jenney.....I know how maddening this whole waiting this can be. It's not like you even CARE anymore when something is going to happen; you just want to know that something didn't get screwed up.
Right on, sister. It's frustrating, if only because now that we're FINALLY going on a vacation (our first!), the timing of this dang N400 is running right up against it. We filed even before the thought of going on vacation had even entered our minds! So annoying...

~ Jenney

ps. I gave you N400 karma!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:51 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And who is USCIS going to use to gather all that information into report format?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
And who is USCIS going to use to gather all that information into report format?
Private comtractors ....
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:56 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Well, today is the one-year anniversary of Mark's N-400 NOA receipt. One whole year, and still nothing.

I went ahead and set up an Infopass appointment for him. The one and only date available was April 24 -- it's ridiculous, they only ever offer one date to choose from! What is that about??

He's not home from work yet, so I don't know how he's going to feel about this. I'm sure it'll stress him out because he is already using all of his vacation days as it is for our upcoming trip. Plus he just doesn't like to rock the boat. But it's been 365 days now, with no response, so we've got to try to do something, right?

Worst case is that we can always cancel the appointment.

I'm really getting tired of all this. Mostly I just don't want his interview notice to come while we're away, and/or for his interview appointment to be at a really inopportune time in relation to our trip. Grrr.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:40 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Well, today is the one-year anniversary of Mark's N-400 NOA receipt.
~ Jenney
Damn. I was really hoping to read that you had gotten the interview letter in the mail today.

While it's only been 4.5 months since Mr. P's N-400 was sent in to NSC, I was hoping to have something by now; He's going to need to go to the UK in June to attend to another matter, so we're kind of in the same boat, although it looks like I'm staying here, so at least I'll be home to get the mail.

Almost done.

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

According to the joint USCIS and FBI press release, they will be done processing namechecks for people waiting for over a year by November 2008.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:01 pm
I'm back!

Originally Posted by violator_dm
According to the joint USCIS and FBI press release, they will be done processing namechecks for people waiting for over a year by November 2008.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD
Well, that's disheartening. And annoying, since (as I've already mentioned several times!) other people who applied after Mark did have already gotten interviews. I really hope it's not a name-check thing, mostly because I don't want him to miss his chance to vote in the election.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear you guys are still not approved. The OH applied for his N400 in Nov., had his biometrics already, and now we are just waiting. But now we're in a similar boat to you. We recently decided to go to Scotland in Aug, so depending on how fast (or slow) things happen, it could screw up vacation plans. I hope we won't miss an interview notice while we are gone for 2 weeks. Or worse yet, get the interview and oath cermony too late in July for him to get a US passport.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes with the Infopass appt.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Or worse yet, get the interview and oath cermony too late in July for him to get a US passport.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes with the Infopass appt.

That's easily solved. Just postpone the oath date until after you return from your vacation.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
So we've got forms ready for Mark to sign and fax to Senator Jim Webb if we don't hear anything by April 4. Of course now our biggest worry now is that his interview notice will come in the mail when we're already in the UK on our trip. This is SO annoying.
I read back to catch myself up and noticed that Mark was told to call back around April 4 (that *was* this year, right? )... try again? And see if you can get the call escalated to an officer?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
That's easily solved. Just postpone the oath date until after you return from your vacation.
Isn't that a bit like trying to re-schedule an AOS interview? It's one of those "you shouldn't do it unless you absolutely have to" kind of scenarios?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Isn't that a bit like trying to re-schedule an AOS interview? It's one of those "you shouldn't do it unless you absolutely have to" kind of scenarios?
I don't think it's as bad. It seems easier to reschedule an oath ceremony, and if you miss one, there is always another one coming up sometime in the future you can attend. Not like the critical AOS interview where if you don't attend, you can get deported.

Rene
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:40 pm
I'm back!

Originally Posted by meauxna
I read back to catch myself up and noticed that Mark was told to call back around April 4 (that *was* this year, right? )... try again? And see if you can get the call escalated to an officer?
Yeah -- the last time he called, he was told that he would hear something "within two weeks" which would have been April 4th, and that if he didn't he should call back again. Of course, he didn't hear anything by April 4th, but he hasn't had a chance to call back. (As luck would have it, recently his work schedule has been Monday-Friday during regular working hours -- working in a bookstore, this is very unusual! -- and the hotline isn't available after hours or on weekends.)

But to be honest, I don't think calling would do any good. Primarily because they'll just tell him to keep waiting, but also because I doubt he would push to speak with a supervisor -- or at least not push hard enough to get the call actually escalated. If they'd talk to ME then it would be a different story!

I'm not sure if Mark will actually go to the Infopass appointment but at least we've got one scheduled.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.