Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What's love got to do, got to do with it?

What's love got to do, got to do with it?

Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

pinkdrumsandglitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's love got to do, got to do with it?

we were best friends before we slept together. We were always in love with eachother. For us it wasnt just about the physical attraction.. its about who we are inside. I fell in love with his personality before i met him, so it was not just based on lust or physical attraction. When we are together we do everything together. I feel like i have known him all my life. I cant think of anything we cant do together or dont share. We have so much in common. We just feel complete with eachother. I have been married before, and I can honestly say he is the only man i have ever been in love with
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Not sure if sex is a valid reason for marriage? Maybe it is! Why do you want to move the the US? Because my husband is great in bed.
I have to say the 8200 mile round trip for a booty call was getting a bit tedious. Maybe that's the 'real' reason me and the TAS got married?

On the other hand Some people are apparently resorting to filming themselves in the bedroom http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/fe...ity?CMP=twt_gu

I do agree with the earlier posts about not being able to "prove" love. You can fairly easily show a co-mingling of lives with physical peices of evidence. But everyone has friends who split up and almost everyone says "but they were so good together". No one knows what happens behind closed doors

Last edited by BubbleChog; Mar 7th 2013 at 12:45 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

i just read that article where people have to prove their sexuality if they are Gay, transexual or bisexual!! Yet they have no requirement that people have to prove they are Hetrosexual! ... i think some `sexual discrimination` is going on here! Why would one need to prove one`s sexuality? Proof of genuine relationship maybe, but i can not see what ones sexuality would have to do with it. Many marriages dont include sex anyway lol.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

I feel the same as you pinkdrums about my husband. But I didn't attempt to prove or show that at my visa interview. It was not needed in our case as we were already married with 2 kids and had co-mingled lives and it was pretty clear we didn't marry just for immigration benefits.

Love is great though! I always wanted a "lover and best friend" in one and I have that. But I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found him...

Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Although the reason stated in this article was about not being deported for fear of being persecuted for being gay in their own country... still, maybe they should ask other people that are gay, as all the gay friends i know have `gay radar`!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

i am guessing the majority of thses cases are interviewed by hetrosexual officers.. the woman next door to me works in the home office and she mentioned this! doesnt make sense to me!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

hahaha yes i had to kiss afew frogs too!!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It makes perfect sense to me. A large majority of people are "hetrosexual" (sic), so the home office would have to go out of its way to recruit nonheterosexual people if they wanted to ensure that a majority of their interviewers were nonheterosexual.

I won't go into the issue of reverse discrimination.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by pinkdrumsandglitter
i am guessing the majority of thses cases are interviewed by hetrosexual officers.. the woman next door to me works in the home office and she mentioned this! doesnt make sense to me!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

If they are challenging peoples sexuality then maybe they should go out of their way to do this. I cant see how else you could possibly prove you are gay or straight. If they are asking people to prove this factor, then they need to give them fair grounds to do so.
Many people that claim to be hetrosexual are gay until they `come out the closet`so to speak. So it would not be unusual for someones first opinion of someone in this situation to be wrong. At least if you are someone with the same sexuality as the person being interviewed then you would have a more accurate outlook on the matter. If someone has to prove an issue, then at least give them a way to do so. Currently it seems there are no official guidelines of how it can be proved, as they have not been able to suggest a way of submitting such evidence. If they are expecting proof, they should at least be fair about it with some kind of guidelines, just like they do for other kind of immigration petitions.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If they are challenging peoples sexuality then maybe they should go out of their way to do this. I cant see how else you could possibly prove you are gay or straight.
I don't know why anyone would need to prove this. Even gay people enter into real marriages of the opposite sex for non-immigration related reasons.

Rene
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

this particular case was about people facing persecution (death) in their own country for being gay, and there fore seeking asylum in the UK. The Home Office has even admitted there is no such thing as a gay test. So why ask people to prove it lol?!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

this particular case was about people facing persecution (death) in their own country for being gay, and there fore seeking asylum in the UK. The Home Office has even admitted there is no such thing as a gay test. So why ask people to prove it lol?!
Oh, OK. So waaaaaaaay off the original topic. LOL

Rene
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Probably for the best. This thread was starting to make me throw up a little bit in my mouth.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

And, way off the topic of this forum - not marriage based, not even dealing with immigration to the USA.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

lol yes and im not going to be recording us in the bedroom to use as proof of our loving relationship lol!!!

Why would that be considered proof of love. It is proof of lust and a sexual nature but not one of love.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.