what to wear!!!!

Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

elisa_emely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what to wear!!!!

ok so i have to set off in a few hours for my interveiw and im unsure as to what to wear!! i dont know if i should go in a skirt and top or just turn up in jeans! it IS an interview after all so i was thinking more formal wear but as they dont seem to request any dress code im thinking maybe my jeans will do!
any thoughts??
thanks Elisa
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to wear!!!!

Originally Posted by elisa_emely
ok so i have to set off in a few hours for my interveiw and im unsure as to what to wear!! i dont know if i should go in a skirt and top or just turn up in jeans! it IS an interview after all so i was thinking more formal wear but as they dont seem to request any dress code im thinking maybe my jeans will do!
any thoughts??
thanks Elisa
Wear what we call here in the USA "business casual". Not jeans, but not a business suit.

A nice skirt and blouse would be perfect.

Rene
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wear what we call here in the USA "business casual". Not jeans, but not a business suit.

A nice skirt and blouse would be perfect.

Rene
thanks for the advice!!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I wore comfy but smart trousers (in other words I could still traipse around London in them) and a nice top. Saw people there in all kinds though, including jeans. But I wanted to look a bit smarter
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

When I went on Monday there were a whole range of people, some in suits, some in tracksuits and some looking like they had just rolled out of bed.

Personally, I had waited for this day for so long that I wanted to make a bit of an effort so wore a black dress (above the knee ), black tights, black boots and a fuchsia pink scarf

You can wear what you want but the Embassy staff you speak to behind the screens are all in suits/business attire so I thought I might as well follow their example, and it seemed to work out ok :-)
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
When I went on Monday there were a whole range of people, some in suits, some in tracksuits and some looking like they had just rolled out of bed.

Personally, I had waited for this day for so long that I wanted to make a bit of an effort so wore a black dress (above the knee ), black tights, black boots and a fuchsia pink scarf

You can wear what you want but the Embassy staff you speak to behind the screens are all in suits/business attire so I thought I might as well follow their example, and it seemed to work out ok :-)
thanks i think i'll go for the smarter option.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

wow yorkieuk you dressed niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

I'm sure it doesnt make any difference what you wear, but psychologically I would feel better wearing something nice than the whole 'rolled out of bed' look!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

e_e,

Interesting that, when "thinking more formal", your range runs from jeans to a skirt rather than from skirt to a dress, and then you settle on the jeans.

Regards, JEff

any thoughts??
thanks Elisa
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

yuk,

Nicely done, your guy's got a keeper.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
e_e,

Interesting that, when "thinking more formal", your range runs from jeans to a skirt rather than from skirt to a dress, and then you settle on the jeans.

Regards, JEff
jeff

interesting that i did say after comments that i would settle on the smarter option. helloooo.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
wow yorkieuk you dressed niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

I'm sure it doesnt make any difference what you wear, but psychologically I would feel better wearing something nice than the whole 'rolled out of bed' look!
LOL well up to the age of 18 I went to a school where girls were not allowed to wear trousers so its only really been in the last few years I've started buying trousers. I didn't purchase my first pair of jeans until I was 22!

My fiancé and all his friends think I'm really weird for always dressing up, I just tell them its the European way although since meeting him I have become alot more casual dressed when I am just around the house.

And I agree with the psychology thing, I also thought those CO's have to look at people day in and day out, maybe they like it when they see someone has made some sort of effort.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

I know - my hubby and I went to a friends house last week, and he asked where I had been...I said nowhere and he proceeded to ask why I was always so dressed up.

'so dressed up' was black trousers and a v neck jumper...?!?

LOL
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:04 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
I wore comfy but smart trousers (in other words I could still traipse around London in them) and a nice top. Saw people there in all kinds though, including jeans. But I wanted to look a bit smarter
I was probably the one wearing 'all kinds'
I had a nice grey top on though... paired with.. well.. my nicest pair of jeans
I was probably too nervous to notice what I was putting on!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:05 pm

e_e,

My observation was with respect to the choice you made on your own, not the change of mind that came after you got some good advice.

Regards, JEff

jeff

interesting that i did say after comments that i would settle on the smarter option. helloooo.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

i just had a thought ... at the age of 20 (by 2 weeks) do you think i will be pretty young compared to the rest of the people at the embassy??? i hate that, people just look at me like i havent a clue about life. niiiceee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.