What if you're a contractor?!

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:18 am
Just Joined

dannyg5150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What if you're a contractor?!

Thanks for the advice people. I suggested the H1B, but the employer is not willing to go through with that. They estimate 9 months for it to come through!

On reading your other thread BMflex, it seems the B1 option is a no goer either. This is all looking bad chaps
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that, but whenever I read about an employer not willing to go through with an H1B and trying to find "interesting" alternatives, alarm bells start to ring. Especially because you personally tend to suffer the greater consequences of said alternatives than the employer does.

I know this is not what you want to hear but this almost looks like a blessing in disguise to me.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannyg5150
Thanks for the advice people. I suggested the H1B, but the employer is not willing to go through with that. They estimate 9 months for it to come through!

On reading your other thread BMflex, it seems the B1 option is a no goer either. This is all looking bad chaps
It doesn't take 9 months for an H1B; 2-4 seems to be typical. However, with some exceptions they're capacity controlled and applications aren't accepted until April 1st 2013 (5 months) with an earliest start date of October 1st 2013 (11 months).