Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What happens if we Marry in the US

What happens if we Marry in the US

Old Feb 21st 2001, 11:57 pm
dgdss

Ok we started this process and wanted to go the right route, K1 etc. We put our petition
in Jan 10th and we figured that we would have no problem getting approved by May 31st,
when I have put my release in to the Canadian Army. Now it looks like there is no way that
is going to happen, I can't just sit around unemployed. So what happens if I just drive
down and we get married then put in for AOS, can I work right away ?? What are the
repurcussions ?? What is the quickest way for me to get down there marry my honey and
start working if the K1 does not go through by May 31 ?? Thanks for any insight.

p.s if anyone talks to a actual person at the TSC tell them to change that stupid message
from 30-40 days to 80-100 working days.

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 1:42 am
Hilary Whalen

This is a hurry up and wait game. We all want to start our lives with our fiancee's. Yes
it is difficult waiting, but there really is nothing anyone can do to speed things up. We
are hoping for June ourselves, and we put in our petition about the same time as you did.
Keep the faith and don't make any rash decisions that you may regret or cause trouble
later in this wonderful process. Keep sight of what you really want from this process.

H

dgdss wrote:

> Ok we started this process and wanted to go the right route, K1 etc. We put our
> petition in Jan 10th and we figured that we would have no problem getting approved by
> May 31st, when I have put my release in to the Canadian Army. Now it looks like there
> is no way that is going to happen, I can't just sit around unemployed. So what happens
> if I just drive down and we get married then put in for AOS, can I work right away ??
> What are the repurcussions ?? What is the quickest way for me to get down there marry
> my honey and start working if the K1 does not go through by May 31 ?? Thanks for any
> insight.
>
> p.s if anyone talks to a actual person at the TSC tell them to change that stupid
> message from 30-40 days to 80-100 working days.

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 12:09 pm
Andy Platt

Read this:

http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/touristframes.html

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> Ok we started this process and wanted to go the right route, K1 etc. We
put
> our petition in Jan 10th and we figured that we would have no problem getting approved
> by May 31st, when I have put my release in to the
Canadian
> Army. Now it looks like there is no way that is going to happen, I can't just sit around
> unemployed. So what happens if I just drive down and we
get
> married then put in for AOS, can I work right away ?? What are the repurcussions ?? What
> is the quickest way for me to get down there marry
my
> honey and start working if the K1 does not go through by May 31 ?? Thanks for any
> insight.
>
> p.s if anyone talks to a actual person at the TSC tell them to change that stupid
> message from 30-40 days to 80-100 working days.