What to expect at EAD appointment

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough
Default What to expect at EAD appointment

Hey all,
I recently recieved my appointment letter for my EAD interview from Dallas INS. For those using/about to use Dallas INS, it seems they are running about 2 months for EAD's - I sent the 485/765/131 package in 5/17, and the appointment is for 7/17.
I was wondering if any of the more experienced people could tell me what I should expect? Will they interview me or do they basically just give you the card? Also, in the "What to bring" section they tell me to bring any receipts for things I have filed...well, they didn't send any of that...I just have printouts of the checks they cashed - that's the only "proof" I have of having filed anything. Could this be a problem? I know I am probably worrying over nothing, but any guidance would be much appreciated. I feel pretty clueless about this whole AOS thing.

Thanks in advance,

-Harry
Old Jun 23rd 2002, 1:20 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: What to expect at EAD appointment

Harry wrote:
    > Hey all, I recently recieved my appointment letter for my EAD interview from Dallas
    > INS. For those using/about to use Dallas INS, it seems they are running about 2
    > months for EAD's - I sent the 485/765/131 package in
    > 5/17, and the appointment is for 7/17. I was wondering if any of the more
    > experienced people could tell me what I should expect? Will they interview me or
    > do they basically just give you the card? Also, in the "What to bring" section
    > they tell me to bring any receipts for things I have filed...well, they didn't
    > send any of that...I just have printouts of the checks they cashed - that's the
    > only "proof" I have of having filed anything. Could this be a problem? I know I
    > am probably worrying over nothing, but any guidance would be much appreciated. I
    > feel pretty clueless about this whole AOS thing.
    >
No interview. You turn in your appointment letter, wait to be called, and they will
take a pic, a fingerprint, have you sign the card, laminate it, and voila! You walk
out of there, a happy camper! ] Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What to expect at EAD appointment

Thanks a lot for that info, Alvena. You rock!

-Harry