Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

What to do with old I94 now an LPR

What to do with old I94 now an LPR

Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:10 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to do with old I94 now an LPR

My husband sucessfully adjusted status from H1b to LPR last August. He's leaving the country this afternoon for a trip to England, should he hand in the old I94, or is it fit for the trash now? Will it complicate things when he returns if he hands it in?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:15 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do with old I94 now an LPR

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
My husband sucessfully adjusted status from H1b to LPR last August. He's leaving the country this afternoon for a trip to England, should he hand in the old I94, or is it fit for the trash now? Will it complicate things when he returns if he hands it in?

Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure he should not hand it in. Just show his GC + PP at check-in.

I would just file it away somewhere safe.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:30 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm pretty sure he should not hand it in. Just show his GC + PP at check-in.

I would just file it away somewhere safe.
Yes, my first gut feeling would be to not hand it in, but then you start to wonder, and suddenly you're like this --->

Having looked at it, it expired in Nov 07, so it would most likely cause even more problems if handed in. I'll put it, and the rest of the families' in the draw with all the other piles of paperwork. Thanks.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Yes, my first gut feeling would be to not hand it in, but then you start to wonder, and suddenly you're like this --->

Having looked at it, it expired in Nov 07, so it would most likely cause even more problems if handed in. I'll put it, and the rest of the families' in the draw with all the other piles of paperwork. Thanks.
Hi:

If it makes you feel better, send the original I-94 to the following address:

ACS, Inc.
1084 South Laurel Road
London, Kentucky 40744
USA

Make a photocopy of the green card and staple it to the I-94.